Chapter 68: Real-World Meeting

It's been a few days since we began our temporary stay in the [Force Blade Guild House] in [Isekai Online]. It's not like the inn we usually stay at <Initio>, but it gives us a little more privacy, which we need after that [Hidden Quest] news about us caused everyone in town to become paparazzi crazy regarding our recent achievements. So far, the members of the guild have been nice to us during our stay, and more, they go out of their way to inform us of the current state of the town to make sure it's safe to return there. Of course, I have to go to its entrance to give Arthur and Razul a piece of my mind and that's all I can say right now to save you the punishing details.

Now back in real life, after my classes let out for the day, I pick Kazuki up from his school as usual and we walk home together. We stop at a pedestrian lane and wait for the red traffic light above us to turn green.

"Looks like we're starting to run into each other more often, huh, Windy?"

Windy?

I turn around and to my surprise, I see Arin waving at me with a big grin on her face as usual.

"Huh? It's been a while, Arin. Um... How's life back home with... you-know-who?"

As soon as I say this, she sighs and rolls her eyes.

"If you're talking about that little argument with my cousin, I've cool3e down a bit. But I'm still not talking to him neither in-game nor in real-life."

Guess she's still peeved at Alton... This could take a while.

"Hey... I know how you feel. But try to take it easy. I know he's a bit forgetful, but he means well to you and Annie. Besides, we're still staying there until the whole [Hidden Quest] news craze has died out and we don't want to see you get all mad back there."

I then see Arin sighs as she rubs the temples on her forehead.

"You're right. Ol' Wally's right. I guess I have to chill out for a while."

That's what I like to hear. I can't stop their sibling rivalry, but it's at least a first step towards her and Alton reconciling.

"Um... Hayate..."

Huh? Oh, yeah... I was so happy to see Arin in real life again that I almost forgot that Kazuki is still with me and as I turn around, I can see him hiding behind me.

"Oh, yeah. Arin, this is my brother, Kazuki. Kaz, this is Arin Maven. She's the player behind <SpeedStar>."

"Speed...Star?" It only takes about a few seconds for him to stare at our online friend until it clicks in his head. "Oh, you mean Star! I didn't know you two know each other in RL."

"Actually, we just met about a week or so. But I'm glad to meet the player behind the one who discovered the [Experienced Crafting] style for [Magecrafting]. Though, to be honest, I expected you to be a little... eccentric, even in real life."

I couldn't help but snicker at her comment as I watch him pout in response to it. Well, she is more or less correct.

"Hey... I'm not that eccentric... even though my brother's friends call me that sometimes."

And this is what happened when I introduce that word to him after Zac and Damon called him that before.

"Hey, I'm just joking. Besides, it's cool that you have a character with an awesome and mysterious race in the game. Just think of it as one of your [Isekai Online] achievements."

"Yeah, but still..."

Okay. I should try to change the subject before he gets too uncomfortable with it.