Chapter 73: Aftermath

Talk about exhausting. Not only was that jerk was stubborn as hell, but he can't seem to learn when to back down and his friends seem to possess the same attitude as him. Thankfully, I've managed to defeat him and with our customers' help, we managed to drive them back and save our shop. Glad that o-

"Well, it seems you had a very rough day today, young Wind." I gasp slightly startled as I turn around and see Wallaby working on some small ingots to make them some accessories for Annie to finish. "Are you sure you're still well to continue this game?"

"U-Uh... Yeah. After the [Duel], my wounds will heal the damage I took from that fight. Though my wounds aren't that serious or else, Star and Kazu will yell at me for it."

"I'm glad to hear that. But I was wondering about something. What did happen during your bout with that bully?"

My eyes widen at hearing his question. "Are you sure you want to know? The last few minutes of the [Duel] were too extreme for me to explain, so I didn't let Kazu see the replay of it due to my duty as a [Guardian Player]. Kazu even told me he had to cover his eyes during that time for my sake, which I'm relieved to hear that."

"It's alright, young Wind. I understand why you don't want to share the full details of your bout, but I promise to not share them with Annie or your brother. Besides, I don't want to share it with them for the same reasons."

To be honest, I'm not keen on sharing the full details of it, especially with Kazu. But since Wallaby is a legitimate adult, I think can trust him enough to share him.

"I guess it doesn't hurt to share with you what really happened."

With that, I start to tell him from the beginning to the duel until the part when I made my turnabout.

----

"I've admitted, you got some guts taking me on like a man, kiddo. But now it's over..."

Over? That might've been true. My sword was a few feet away from me, but with me being pinned down by him, there is no way I could block or avoid the rude player's upcoming attack. At least, that's what he thought. In reality, I already had a counter to it and I needed the right timing to invoke it.

"Any last words, newbie?"

And that's the timing I need.

"Why, yes, I do."

[NOTICE]

[You have activated [Trained Strength Enhancement]. Your [ATK] has been increased by 10.]

"Fuck off, asshole."

With that said, I grabbed his arms and pushed him and his sword away from my face. And still using my passive skill, I slowly stood up and started an invocation.

"S-Spirit of Sylph, I ask for your aid. Grant me the power of the wind to outrun and defeat my opponents!"

"Oh no, you don't!" He screamed as he tried to grab my throat. But thanks to my passive skill and the wind beginning to envelop my whole body, I managed to push him away. "N-No, don't say i-"

"[Bluster Speed]!"

Too late. Using the wind I conjured up from my buff spell, I kicked my opponent's gut and use the force from it to push myself away from him.

"Y-You damn newbie! Get back here, you coward! If you don't, I'll make you! [Aftershock]!"

Like I'd ever listened to him. As soon as he released another energy blade wave towards me, I used [Super Jump] to dodge it and quickly pulled out my bow and arrow. I know everyone has a weakness and that includes their equipment and since this game mimicked real life, there was a way to penetrate his so-called impenetrable armor. So I pulled the string and released it to fire the arrow with my [Tracking Aim] skill and to my surprise and expectations, it pierced between his neck and right shoulder.