Part Thirty-Seven

A/N: WHAT HAVE I DONE???!?!@?!?!?!?@?#R;O34UFHQIAWUDFGHSDUFH;        WEYFLWUEHFSDHF;SDH;SDHV;SUHV;AIUFV;IUV;WUV;OWUV'OWU

Mari was stumbling down the streets of Death City, her body full of pain, the black blood doing nothing for her wounds. She took in rattling breaths as she finally reached the gates of Gallows Mansion. She put one hand on the rot iron bars and sucked in her breath, tears of pain rushing down her cheeks.

The metal creaked open and she walked up the walkway to the house. All the lights were on in the house and Mari could see people inside. They seemed to have mixed emotions; fear, anxiety…

Mari pushed open the door and stepped inside. She walked snakingly to the stairs, hoping no one would see her. But she had been so focused on getting to the stairs without falling that she didn’t notice the voices stop and the people gathered behind her.

“Mari?” Maka’s voice said. “What happened?”

Mari’s hand was on the rail leading up the stairs, her fingers white as they gripped it. “Nothing.” She said, obviously lying.

“What the hell…?” Kidd said, stepping forward. “Who did this to you? I’m going to hurt them!” he put his hand on her shoulder to comfort her.

Mari shoved it of and her shoulders hunched in. “Just leave me alone! I just-“ she was cut off as her ribs burned and blood filled her mouth. She coughed into her arm and held her bleeding face in pain.

“Mari!” Liz said and Mari fell to her knees, landing on the bottom step. People rushed forward and she pushed them away.

“Get off me!” Mari screamed, causing her friends to go quiet and making her lungs burn with agony. She pulled herself up and climbed the stairs. “Just get away!” she shouted and dragged herself down the hallway to her room. She stopped halfway through and coughed, black blood splattering the floor.

She made it to the bathroom before pain ripped through her again. She pushed it open, shutting and locking the door behind her. There were footsteps down the hallway and someone banged on the door as she slid to the ground.

“Mari! Open the damn door!” Soul’s voice said, sounding angry. The door rattle and Mari shook with it, her spine vibrating against the wood.

“Leave… me…” she gasped and held her face in her hands, gasping for air. “Just let me… die… or something… no one loves me… anyway…” she got out before she coughed up more blood, watching it splatter across the white floor.

The people outside became silent and she heard a soft tap on the wooden door. “Mari?” Tsubaki’s quiet voice whispered.

Mari was crying hard and her ribs ached. “J-just go!” she said, trying to sound strong but her voice broke at the end.

“Do you want us to get Stein, or a teacher from the academy?” Tsubaki’s asked in her sweet tone.

Mari shook her head while she spoke. “N-no… I just want to… be alone…” she held her shoulders and tucked her legs in towards her chest.

“…who should we get?” Black Star asked.

“Why can’t we just get her out?” Patty asked and Mari clenched her fists as she listened to what the muffled voices were saying.

“Because…” Kidd said. “We can’t let her go rouge or anything. We need an adult incase. Call my father and tell him what’s going on.” He said and someone ran off. “Mari?” Kidd said, his voice directed to her now. “Mari… please let me in.” He pleaded and she opened her mouth to reply.