Part Five

Me: [listening to music]

Joey: They HELL man! Why haven't you posted anything for weeks!

Me: [retyping ONCE UPON A TIME ((I deleted it on accident...))

Joey: ARE YOU LISTENING TO ME?!

Amme: [slaps me on the head, trying to hit Joey]

Me: OW! WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!

Amme: S-sorry! I was trying to hit Joey again! 

Mari felt weird being in full weapon form for the first time. It was like she could see the world outside just fine like she was looking through her own eyes, but when she looked down, she saw her own naked body.

She watched Amme fight the beast with the keshin egg soul in amazement. The girl was small but she sent her soul wavelength down Mari, creating a sort of electric sword. It was awesome.

“M-Mari!” Amme cried a little as her hands began to shake. The wolf thing came at them and Kidd yelled their names. Amme’s eyes closed and she swung Mari through the air.

Mari turned back to human form as the monster disintegrated in a floating red soul. Mari took the red orb in her hand, stared at it for a second, them ate it.

                  She flinched as it went down. She looked aver at Amme who was on the ground. Mari walked over and bent down next to her. “We got our first soul!” Mari said while holding a thumbs up to Amme.

                  Amme looked up at Mari and tried to smile. “Y-y-y-yeah…” She said.

                  Mari looked at her. Her skin was becoming paler every second and her eyes were loosing their color. “Amme?” Mari asked, rubbing her shoulder. “You okay?”

                  Kidd, Liz and Patty walked over. “Hey! Are you okay?” Liz asked. Patty pocked Amme’s cheek and Kidds eyebrows knit together in a symmetrical way.

                  Amme nodded as her lip started trembling. “Just…” She whispered. “That thing just reminded me of someone.” She took in one shaking breath. “I joined the academy a two months ago after a man killed my little sister and my parents threw me out from grief. I…” she closed her eyes shut. “I was just… t-terrified.” Her entire body started shaking.

                  Mari pulled her into a hug. “It’s okay.” She smiled. “Over the years you learn to forget things like this.” She pet Amme’s head. “My mom died when I was little and I try to only remember the happy things now. My dad…” She paused. “He died recently and I’m already forgetting some of the things he did to me out of grief. So when I say, ‘it’ll get better’, I’m not just saying it.”

                  Mari stood up and pulled Amme with her. “Ah!” Amme said as Mari took her hand an shook it.

                  Mari smiled at her. “Will you be my partner?” Amme smiled and nodded. Mari helped her up and stretched her back. “I want some cake.” She said loudly.

                  The others looked at her. “Really?” Kidd asked.

                  Patty walked  over and put an arm around Mari’s shoulder. “YEAH KIDD!” She yelled. “BUY MARI AND ME SOME CAKE!”

                  Kidd looked baffled for a minute. “Um… okay?” he turned to Amme. “Would you like some to?”

                  Amme blushed and nodded. “O-okay!”

                  “Amme!” Mari cried. She ran over to her and turned around. “Let me give you a piggyback ride!”

                  Amme shook her head and backed away. “N-no… that’s okay.” She looked like she really wanted to though. Mari looked at her with big eyes. “O-okay.” Amme whispered. “Fine.” She smiled and hopped onto Mari squealing as Mari started running down one of the stone streets.

                  Patty hopped onto Kidd’s back. “Go Kidd!” She yelled in his ear. They started running and Liz ran after them, yelling she wanted a turn, then trying to cover it up and act cool.