Part Fifty-Three

A/N: Heyyy! It's been a little while~! But thanks for 4k~!!!! Luv you guys! Hope you like the part ;3

And please check out and share my new Attack on Titan story!!

(( http://wattpad.com/story/41456517?utm_content=share_reading&utm_source=ios&utm_medium=pm ))

Mari began running up the steps of the DWMA, her chest aching with the strain of running the physical state she was in. She stumbled on the last step, catching herself before she could fall. She straightened and turned, looking over Death City. The darkness made it look as if the city was sleeping, on a few street lights to show that there was any life within the city limits.

She moved to the great front door, the piece of metal silent on it's oiled hinges. She ran inside, realizing that she wasn't wearing shoes. Her feet were almost silent against the tiles.

She could see the Death Room at the end of the hallway she was on, and she started running faster, her breath barely escaping her lips. She flung the Death Room door open and ran in, looking up at the giant blades that were suspended. The room seemed odd, because it was night outside, but there was a blue sky in the death room with fluffy white clouds.

Kidd, Death, Stein, and all her other friends looked up as she stumbled up onto the podium type thing in the middle of the room. For a second, she wondered why all of them were there, but shook it off.

"Kidd..." she said, gasping for breath. He came forward, his eyes worried. "Mari... what are you doing up?" he asked. "You're still healing."

She shook her head. "We can... still get her soul back." She said.

Everyone was dead silent for moment, trying to figure out what she meant. Maka's eyes grew wide. "Your... baby?" she asked.

Mari felt the pang of fresh grief and nodded. "There is a way." She said.

"How?" Death asked, his masked face tilting to the side. "If there is a way, what is it?"

Mari bit her lip, her mind still processing even the idea of getting her child back. "If we could convince Arachne to give the soul back, we might be able to-"

"But how would the soul survive without her magic?" Stein asked, blowing out a puff of smoke.

Mari's lips parted, her stomach dropping. Suddenly, something took over her mouth, and she found herself unable to speak. Her body straightened, but it hadn't been her choice.

"Hello." She said, but it wasn't her...

Everyone took a step back, even Death. "That's..." Maka said, rage growing in her eyes. "Mari! Your soul! It's... It's..."

"So, Ashura. You had to take control of part of her mind, didn't you?" Death said. "I really hate you keshins. Why cant you guy's just die?" he asked, tilting his head to the side.

Mari felt her body, the aching pain from her wound, and the soft fabric of her shirt... But she didn't have any control over her body.

Kidd looked horrified. "Keshin... Ashura..." His eyes hardened. "Get the hell out of her!" he said, running at Mari... the Keshin.

The Keshin held up one of Mari's hands, her black magic flashing in her palm. The black flashed at Kidd.

'No!' Mari screamed at the Keshin. 'This wasn't the deal!'

'There wasn't ever a deal.' The Keshin said.

Mari could feel realization flow into her mind and her blood went cold. The Keshin extinguished the magic before it could burn anything. "Anyways, I now can take over Mari's body whenever I like." He said in his deep voice.

Mari watched as Kidd fell to his knees. "No..." he said.

The Keshin walked, with Mari's body, over to Kidd, kneeling down in front of him. "It's still Mari." The Keshin said. "Just... don't think of it as a permanent thing." He said through Mari's lips.

Kidd looked up at her black eyes. The red Keshin eyes were glowing bright red through Mari's thin shirt. "What do you mean?" Kidd asked. "You'll leave her body soon?"

The Keshin shook Mari's head. "No, no." he said, stopping for a second, seeming to enjoy the way that Mari's blue hair bounced. "Her mind is weak." He said.

Mari could feel the little part that was still her screaming at the Keshin, but he just ignored her. She felt helpless, shoved to the back of her mind.

"One day," the Keshin said. He straightened. "And that day will be soon," he stretched, making Mari's back pop. "I'll take over her whole body."

There was silence, and Mari could see tears forming in Kidd's eyes. 'Kidd!' she wanted to scream. 'I'm still here! I'm not gone yet!' but he couldn't hear her.

"Now." The Keshin said. He popped Mari's knuckles. "Who wants to go get Mari's child's soul back?" He looked around at Mari's friends, their looks telling his they didn't trust the reasons why he would help anyone.

He laughed a little. "Oh." The Keshin said. "I have no interest on actually helping any of you. But I believe Mari going back to Arachne's castle, and getting her child back, will snap her mind; then I can take full control."