Part Forty-Five

A/N: HEEYEYEYEYYEYEYEYYEY EVERYONENENENEN! I HAVE A LOT OF ENERGY AT THE MOMENT! YOU PROBABLY CAN TELL FROM MY AWESOOMME TYPING SKILLS! I REALLY HOPE YOU GUYS LIKE THIS NEXT PART AND ITS REALLY LONG TWO SOOSOSOSOOSOSOS TYYEhjfwefh YEAHHHH!

PEACE OUT WEEBS! I LOVE YOU!

Mari woke up completely after slipping in and out of sleep. She sat up, the scars on her back stretching a little, little jolts of pain leaping down her back. She sighed and rubbed her eyes. She saw a not on the table next to the couch and picked it up.

Kidd's neat handwriting met her eyes, and she smiled at the way his Ms looked. She stopped for a second, thinking about the simple thing. He had probably written that one small letter so many times on the past eight years, and she had not been there to smile at the way that it had grown and changed.

She held her neck with one hand and read the note.

Mari. I had to leave before you woke up to send some of the invitations. I just wanted you to know, and also, Maka and Soul should be at the house while I'm gone. Tell them if you need anything.

~Kidd

She smiled and read the note again, just to look at his handwriting. She put it down and looked at the door as someone nock on it.

"Mari...? You awake?" Maka's voice said and Mari turned to see Maka peeking in. "Mari!" she said, her face lighting up.

Her hair had gotten a lot longer, no longer flat chested. She had a new scar on her arm that hadn't been there eight years ago. Then again, it had been eight years. Maka had told Mari that her and Soul had graduated and he had become a death scythe. Mari still couldn't believe it.

"Mari?" Maka said, waving a hand in front of Mari's face, causing her to jump.

"I-I'm sorry!" Mari said.

Maka laughed a little, hugging Mari. "I'm glad you're back, Mari." Maka let go of her and looked at the table, quickly reading Kidd's note. "Kidd had been a lot better ever since we found you. But still. He's a little... different." She leaned back, Mari turning to face her.

"How is he different?" Mari had noticed it, but she wanted to make sure she hadn't just been imagining it.

Maka looked at Mari for a second. "Well..." she said, her hands moving nervously. "He seems a little broken." She said.

Mari looked at the ground, nodding a little. Her lip wobbled a little as she thought about it. "It's all my fault..." she said.

Maka saw Mari shaking and grabbed her gently. "Mari, it's not. Nobody knew that Arachne would-" she stopped as Mari's breathing went ragged. She bit her lip. "Mari... I didn't mean to..." she pulled her into a hug, her arms wrapping around Mari.

Mari closed her eyes, images flashing. Arachne holding the Medusa snake, her laughing hysterically as she watched Mari's deformed body grow and change.

Mari finally calmed down and she stayed in Maka's arms. "Hey." Maka said. She propped Mari up. "Let's do something fun today... outside of the house."

"Kidd's gonna kill me... and you and Soul." Mari said, laughing a little, her hands shaking a bit.

Maka waved her hand. "I could so take him in a fight." She thought for a second. "Let's go kill some keshins! We can get you closer to becoming a death scythe!"

Mari's face was blank for a second, not having thought about becoming a death scythe for a while. "I'm not sure..." Mari said.

"Come on! Soul and I need the exercise anyway. We can kill some for you. I'll even send a message to Lord Death and tell him that you might use your magic." Maka said, standing and holding out her hand.