Part Ten

Me: Masters! I'm sorry that took so long! (Kisses ground by Joey's feet)

Joey: Yes, Yes! Bow before mortal!

Mari walked home with Kidd, Liz and Patty after the long day of school they had just gone through. She yawned and rubbed her eye. “What are we gonna do tonight?” She slumped onto Liz then stumbled into Patty.

“Not much.” They both said.

Kidd straightened his tie for the millionth time. “I was thinking about a little get together? But Mari seems really tired from writing… stuff  last night.”

Mari looked up at him with big round eyes. “If someone gave me a piggyback ride…” she hinted. Patty took the memo and lifted her from the ground. Mari wrapped her arms around Patty’s neck as they tipped to the side a bit. “PATTY!” She yelled, then fell asleep.

Kidd and Liz laughed. “She is only fourteen.” Liz mused.

“Yeah.” Kidd said. “What should we do for the party?”

Patty looked over at him with hunger in her eyes. “we should just get Tsubaki to cook for us and be done with it! Eat the whole time!” Her head whipped to the side as she spotted a kitten.

They reached the house and opened the door with the small skull shaped key he had in his pocket. They walked in and flopped Mari down on the couch. She rolled over and kept seeping. Patty sat down next to her and then flopped down beside her. She put an arm over Mari and passed out. Liz sat down at Mari’s head and slid her head onto her lap and leaned into the couch, sighing happily. Kidd walked to Liz and readjusted her jacket. “There.” He said. “All of you look perfect.”

He sat in a chair and watched the three. He pulled out a phone and called a few friends. “Hey Maka. We wanted to have a get together tonight… did you want to come?”

Someone yelled something on the other end and Kidd could tell Soul had grabbed the phone from Maka. “We’ll see you.” He heard more yelling a cat mew and Soul was back. “Can Blair come?”

“Sure.” Kidd said. “Can you bring some food?”

“Yeah!” Blair’s voice was loud and Kidd flinched. “We’ll be there in an hour!”

The line went dead and Kidd pulled the phone away from his ear. He called Black Star and Tsubaki and they said they would bring cookies. He stood, slipping his phone into a pocket. He pointed at the three girls sleeping on the couch. “Get up.” He said. “We have to make some food for tonight.” When they didn’t stir, he walked over and shook Patty’s shoulder. “Wake up!”

Half asleep, Mari reached up one hand and pulled Kidd down onto the couch. In a moment, he found himself squished between Mari and Patty with one arm under him and the other across Liz’s stomach. He sighed. “Really?” he pushed Mari off the couch and her head hit the coffee table. He cringed and she sat up, hitting it again.

She held the back of her head with her hands. “Ow! What the heck!” she rocked back and forth. “Ow ow ow!”

Patty woke up along with Liz and they looked around. “Did we fall asleep?” Liz asked.

Kidd sat up and nodded. “For maybe twenty-“ Mari dragged him off the couch and his head hit the coffee table too.

She felt triumph rush through her and he sat up and rubbed his head. “Mari!”

“So Kidd, are we going to make something for the so called get together you planned?” Mari asked.

Kidd sighed. “Yeah. I guess so.” He pointed at Mari. “You should make it.”

Mari flopped onto the floor. “Okay. What though?”

Patty stood suddenly. “A cake shaped like a giraffe! And colored like one too!”

Mari thought about it for a second. “I could pull off a symmetrical giraffe cake in fifty minutes.” She stood and pulled Kidd after her. “Make sure I don’t mess up the measurements.” She dragged him into the kitchen and sat him down in a chair. She started pulling out ingredients and scooping them into the mixer. When she got to the flour, she scooped some out and flung it at Kidd.

He dodged it and ducked under the counter into a secret spot. “STOP!” He said. Mari raced around looking for him. Liz and Patty walked in and Mari threw an egg at Liz’s hair. She screamed and picked up the bowl of mixed dry ingredients. She lifted it above Patty and all the flour and whatnot dumped on her. It turned into a full-fledged food fight.

In a little while Mari noticed Blair, Soul, Maka, Tsubaki and Black Star reeking havoc in Kidd’s once perfect kitchen. The entire time he sat under a table, holding his ears, screaming at everyone to stop.

After at least two hours of food fight, they all stopped. They were all covered in food. Mari was laughing as Liz wiped some chocolate frosting out of her eyes. She fell to the ground and started pounding her fist on the floor when Liz ate the frosting. “That was so much fun!” The others were laughing too.

She crawled over to Kidd’s hiding spot and sat in front of him. His head was between his legs and he was rocking back and fourth. “Kidd?” Maka asked from behind Mari.

Kidd looked up with bloodshot eyes. His hands were twitching. “All… the… asymmetrical…” He looked at all of them with a death glare. “Clean up… now…” He stood and walked to a closet, swaying as he went, and grabbed a broom and mop and bucket. He started sweeping and Mari and the others joined him.

After the kitchen was set back to order, everyone left and Patty, Liz, Mari and Kidd went upstairs to get ready for bed. Mari went into her room and laid down on the bed. She flicked off the light and stared at the walls, slight moonlight illuminating them.

Her left arm tingled and she looked over at it. Black lines were running down her arm, starting at the scar that was left from when Medusa ripped it off and reached down toward her hand.

She sat up. Her chest started to clench and her breath quickened. “Guys?” she yelled.