Part Twenty-Four

Mari: Okay, okay. Guys. I'm really going down a bad path because-

Joey: -THIS IS WHAT HAPPENS WHEN THE AUTHOR IS BOARD!!! THE STORY GETS DEPRESSING!!

Mari: That wasn't-

Jeoy: PLEASE!! IF YOU KNOW OF ANY CORNERS OF REDEMPTION OUR MASTER AND WRITTER OF THIS STORY CAN LIVE FOR THE NEXT TWO WEEKS UNTIL SHE IS REBORN AND CAN WRITE GOOD--NOT THIS DEPRESSING-- STORIES, PLEASE CALL US AT 1-800-MARI-NEEDS-TO-GET-A-GRIP-ON-HER-SANITY

Mari: I'm not that bad... I'm just... well... Mid life crisis?

Joey: SO YOU'RE GOING TO DIE IN LESS THAN 15 YEARS?!?!?!?!

Mari: I can changeee....

A\N: I do beg your forgivness for any trouble. My laptop was stolen by the characters....... again.

EnJoY!!!

Mari fell on her side, her chest heaving. She gasped a little as pain rushed through her. "Me... du... sa..." she panted and her head got light. Her vision went bright for a second and she reached out for anything to hold on to.

Her hands slammed into some bark and she cried out as they burned with the movement. She cradled her broken fingers in her lap when her vision returned. "Medu... sa..." she said.

There was slight crunching and Mari turned to see the woman. Her long blonde hair was twisted in the front like it had been the other times she had seem her. She was wearing all black and it made her look like a demon.

"Hello Mari my dear!" Medusa said, cheerfully. She walked to her and bent down next to Mari's hunched form. "You don't look so good... hmm..." She picked Mari up and Mari bit her lip so she wouldn't scream as Medusa pressed Mari's hands into her chest. Medusa either didn't see or didn't care at the moment.

Mari tried to keep her eyes open, but her body was exhausted. Her mouth opened to say something but she had passed out before she could remember what it was. Medusa looked down at the girl she carried. She grinned, happy she had a new henchman. She began to laugh with crazy intensity.

* * *

The room Mari woke up in was dimly lit and for a moment she thought she was back in the mental hospital. She swung her legs out of the soft bed she was in and tried to stand, her legs crumpling beneath her.

She gasped as her hands hit the floor and she felt some of the broken bones crack and move. She pulled her knees into her chest and laid there for a second, her head pounding again.

She sat up, tears of pain falling down her cheeks. She hauled herself back onto the soft bed and moved the blankets back over herself. She closed her eyes and tried to think. She had run from the hospital, then she had called Medusa... Medusa. Her emotions mixed in her stomach and roiled until there was a gross feeling. She sat up, holding a broken hand to her mouth. Bile filled her mouth and she squeezed her eyes shut.

She flopped down again and wanted to call out for someone, but her throat burned. "Medusa..." she croaked, coughing a little.

The witch appeared and walked to Mari. "Yes?" she said and Mari jumped a little.

"Can I... where are... my name..." Mari said, her sentences slurring together and her mind feeling odd like before and she clutched the sheets with fear, hoping the Keshin would just leave her mind.

Medusa put a hand on Mari's forehead, then her cheek. "I think you have a fever." She turned. "I'll send Erica back with something to help and," She gestured to Mari's hands. "Your hands."