Part Twenty-Six

Joey: ...

Mari: ...

Joey: Bruh.

Meri: ....... Kidd I-

-Please stand by-

Mari stepped over the shredded mask and began to walk towards a bunch of doors. Medusa followed her from a few feet away and waited to see what she would do. Mari stepped to the first door and smashed it open with her foot. It was a bedroom that was empty and she walked to the next door, smashing it open to see a bathroom. No one was there and Mari knew he was waiting for her.

Of course it was the last door. Her foot didn't ach from smashing the wood down and she thought it must've been the black blood. She looked at the last door, a fancy oak door. She lifted her leg and kicked out at the carved wood. It splintered and she stepped in, seeing a man reading a News Paper behind a big desk.

He folded it and Mari was met by the man's scarred face. "Mari." He said.

"Nicolai." Mari said, her voice cold.

He stood, setting the paper down on his desk. "I suppose you've come to kill me, and get your memories back?" he smiled, beginning to laugh. "Good luck with that!" He cracked his knuckles, laughing. He lifted the desk in both of his enormous hands and threw it at her.

She dodged and fell into a crouch. She snarled at the man like a crazed animal, saliva dripping from her lips. "Oh, children. Let's calm down a little." Medusa said from behind Mari. "Let's not be total animals." Medusa grinned and laughed a little. "But you know that always makes a fight more interesting!"

Mari turned her eyes up to Nicolai and leaped at him. "Give them back!" she screamed. All her happy memories were gone. All her friends. Her parents. She could only remember the moments when they had hurt her in some way.

Except for Kidd. She still remembered that last kiss. Nicolai had never touched that one, defiled it. But it had become tainted since she tore up the mask.

Nicolai's hands grabbed one of Mari's arms, snapping her out of her daze. He grinned and slammed her into a wall. She gasped as dust fell around her. She fell to the ground and pushed herself up onto her arms. She spit out some blood, the black staining the carpet. A cut on her cheek sealed and she stood. A tear dripped from her eye as she desperately tried to remember the first time Kidd had kissed her. "Bastard." She said, hate almost pouring from her eyes. "You have no idea how much I hate you."

He came at her, a knife sliding from his sleeve into his hand. He lifted it, suddenly in front of her. Her arm flew up, intercepting the blade with her hand. His hands trembled as she held the blade away from her neck. "I hate you." She growled.

She reached a hand up and it turned into a claymore, cutting into his eyes. He stumbled away from her, clutching his face. Mari looked down at her hand and ripped the blade out of it, a black scar forming, only a small trickle of blood falling from it.

She threw the blade at him and he stepped aside to dodge it. "Mari." He said simply. She ran at him, faster than he could react. She screamed and sunk her teeth into his shoulder.

The taste of his blood filled her mouth. She ripped her face away from him, spitting his flesh out of her mouth. She coughed a little, her teeth red and her mouth dripping. Medusa started laughing with pleasure and he stared at her, his composure faltering for a moment. His eyes hardened and grabbed her neck. "My turn." He said.

Mari felt his soul slam into and her face went slack with fear for the first time in a while. "No..." she said, beginning to struggle. "Anything... but this..."