Part Thirty-Three

A/N: *crying becuase thsi story has to many feels* whhhyyyyyyyyyyy...

T-T

Mari: I'm okay. I'm okay. As long as i have him I'm okay. It's okay. As long as he holds me through the cold, I won't be eaten by the insanity.

-Please Stand By-

They reached the outside hallway and Mari looked around, not seeing anyone. "Where are all the students?" she asked.

Stein was walking in front of her and the chain between them pulled a little, causing Mari to lose her footing. "Sorry." He said as she straitened. "It's after school hours. Only a few students are here. And a lot of them have minor injuries from your... attack."

Mari nodded. "Just wondering." She said softly, guilt running through her. She sighed as they reached the main hallway and she saw a few people walking. One girl and her mietser stopped dead in their tracks and stared at Mari.

The one girl had a faint red line on her neck and Mari knew it was the girl she had almost killed with her claws. The girl's partner moved in front of her as she began to shake and Mari passed.

Mari bent her head down in shame. "S-sorry..." she said, her words quiet. Stein pulled her along and people stared. One boy moved his leg in front of her and she tripped, her hands tied so she couldn't catch herself and her shoulder slammed into the ground.

She winced in pain as she sat up, her shoulder burning with agony. She looked down and saw it was bent wrong in some way. She clenched her teeth as she felt the black blood move the bones back into place and fix it. She still couldn't move and she looked up at the boy, he was laughing evilly and she Stein walk to him and slap his head.

Stein walked to Mari and bent next to her. "It just looks dislocated... the black blood must've helped." He took her shoulder gently in his hand and put his other hand on her collarbone.

Stein grasped her arm to put it back into place. She winced as he snapped it back in, her arm screaming. He helped her up, giving the boy a dirty look.

"Let's go." Stein said and led her finally to the Death Room. He opened it and they stepped in, walking down the long hallway of blades, the clouds on the walls moving with them.

She watched the ground as they walked. "So I never killed a human?" Mari asked to fill the silence.

Stein nodded. "Nicolai Deatsing was a keshin." He said.

"Okay." Mari said, feeling relief fill her.

They reached the middle of the room where people waited and they climbed the short set of stairs that led to a platform. Mari was looking at the ground so she didn't see anybody when she was standing at the center of the platform.

"Hello hello!" Lord Death said and Mari flinched at his enthusiasm. "How are you Mari? Sorry about the punishment! But you needed something for letting the three witches go, but you did kill them and we thought that would never happen! So you're forgiven and you thank you!" he said.

Mari's eyes were wide and she looked up at his white mask. "W-wait? Really?" she said.

"Yes! Yes Mari! You can come back to the academy but-" he said, holding up his hand. "You will have to ware a band that will tell us where you are."

Mari nodded and bowed to Lord Death. "Th-thank you..." she said. She looked up, all of her friends there, smiling at her. Even a big stupid grin on Black Star's face.

She looked down, her cheeks pink and her shoulders slumped with relief.

"It's not going to be easy with all the other students." Marie said.