Part Forty-Nine

I'm so sorry this took the longest time to write! I was super lazy and busy! But i hope you enjoy it, but I'm sorry for the cliffhanger!

But I broke 80,0000 words! I am in desperate need of a life!

>~<

The month after the wedding, Mari and Kidd came back from their honeymoon. They had gone to the coast in California and rented a house on the beach. They spent their time idly drawing circles in the sand on the beach, or at night, they sat by a fire, wrapped in a blanket, Mari in Kidd's arms. When it was time for them to go back to Death City, Kidd's eyes were happier than they had ever been, and Mari's skin had become less pale.

Mari stepped out of the car, the loose tank top light and perfect for the Arizona heat. Kidd got out of the driver's seat and went to the back to get their bags. Mari smiled and ran up the steps. She flung open the door and took a step inside.

"We're home!" she said.

There were welcome home banners hanging from the walls, and her friends jumped out from behind a couch. "Welcome home!" Patty shouted, throwing her arms around Mari. They stumbled and hit the wall.

Kidd ran into the room, looking worried. "Are you okay-" then he saw Patty smothering Mari and he sighed, putting a hand to his forehead. "Please don't kill her, Patty."

Patty got off of Mari and looked at Kidd. "I'm a Death Scythe. I know how to kill things and not kill people." She said, putting her hands on her hips.

Kidd waved a hand and helped Mari up. "Okay Patty." He looked at the rest of their friends. "Will you guys help me get things from the car?" he asked. The boys followed Kidd while Ray, Liz, Patty, and Tsubaki all crowded around Mari.

"Well!" Ray said. "How was it?"

Mari blushed. "It was fun..."

Maka had an odd look on her face that Mari didn't understand for a second. Maka looked at Mari suspiciously. "Did you guys do anything?" she asked.

Mari nodded. "We went to the beach, and had dinner at this one place-"

"No. No." Maka said, blushing as she moved her hands.

Mari's face exploded with a blush. "Maka!" she said, covering her face. The other girls started giggling and Mari looked at them through her fingers.

Maka pointed at Mari's stomach. "Mari... your stomach." She said.

Mari looked down. "What about it?" She asked. "Is there something wrong with it?!" she said.

Maka shook her head, biting her lip. "Just... there's..." Maka stopped.

"What is it?!" Mari said, not seeing anything wrong with her stomach.

Maka opened her mouth, then closed it, then opened it again. "There's... how do I say this..."

"Spit it out already, Bookworm!" Ray said, grabbing Maka's arm.

Maka looked at Mari. "There's another soul... it's really faint... but there's a small soul in your stomach."

Mari's eyes widened and everyone got quiet. "Wh-what?!" Mari said, her face heating up.

Just then, Kidd walked in, carrying a few bags. He saw Mari's face and stopped, dropping the bags. "Mari? What's wrong?" He ran to her. "Did something happen to you?!"

Ray smiled, joy rushing over her face. "You got her pregnant, you idiot!" she said, shaking Maka's arm.

Kidd's eyes widened and he looked at Mari. "M-Mari...?" Kidd asked, his cheeks heating up. He looked down at her stomach, his eyes wide.