Part Twenty-Seven

A\N: See? This is what happens when i don't have story idea's. I warned you...

The feeling in her was something she had never felt before. Like hot and cold were mixing. Happiness and remorse. Agony and warmth. She held her stomach and closed her eyes. 'What have I done?' she asked herself into the silence.

She clutched her skin as her body began to burn. She started crying and clawing the ground, tearing the carpet from the floor. "Why! Why! Why!" She screamed as she felt her soul compress on itself.

Then, everything was still. She looked up, her face wet with tears, and saw Medusa's open arm, her madness streaked smile. "Mari, my child." She said.

Mari reached out her hand to take Medusa's. Her body was shaking and she clenched her hands, trying to make it stop. "What's... happening...?" she asked Medusa.

The witch tried not to smile. "You just ate a human soul. You're beginning to turn into a keshin. Your body is changing. Morphing." Medusa smiled now. "Mutating."

Mari's eyes grew wide as her back began to burn. "No..." she said. She felt a ripping sensation and her body screamed in pain, and for more.

"I wonder what you'll look like." Medusa said, excitement thick in her voice. "What will happen to this body of yours."

Mari screamed as something broke out of her back and agony raced over her body. She coughed and black blood spurted onto the floor. She slammed her fists into the ground, cracking the wood underneath the bloodstained carpet.

She started coughing as Medusa laughed with pleasure. "Yes! This is beautiful!"

Mari screamed as she felt her body burn with pain. She could feel her dark blood on her hands and her scream cut off as she saw her reflection. Her hair longer than it had been, her bones prominent, her eyes black. Her red lips parted as she saw the two, giant angel wigs protruding from her shoulder blades. She put a hand to her mouth.

Medusa held her stomach while she laughed. Mari started shaking as she looked at her reflection in her own blood. Tears streamed down her cheeks and the angel wings stretched out, touching either side of the large office. She looked down at herself and saw the keshin eyes, her shirt gone, at her feet in shreds. The eyes glowed up at her and she felt as if they were smiling.

There were footsteps in the hallway and Mari looked up as she heard people approach the office.

"It's Medusa. I know it is!" I voice said. Mari flinched as she recognized the voice... Maka?

There were other voices that agreed and spoke in hushed tones as the reached the room where Mari and the laughing Medusa were. Was it all of her... friends?

"Medusa!" Maka yelled and burst into the room with the others. They all stopped when they saw Mari, their eyes widening.

Mari looked up at them, meeting each set of eyes. At last, they fell on Kidd and tremors ran through her. She stood and swayed.

"Mari...?" Kidd asked.

Mari flinched, looking down, and ran a hand through her long hair. Her pitch black eyes looked up at them again, tears beginning to fall, dark and black like her eyes. Her legs wobbled and she fell to the ground, landing on her knees. She sat back and smiled at them. "I don't want to hurt you guys too." She said. She put her arms around her legs and put her head on her knees. Her dark wings wrapped around her, embracing her with darkness.

"What... happened?" Soul asked, his voice muffled from inside his weapon form.

Mari shivered from the cold on her back where the feathers didn't shelter her. She clenched her hands and hunched her shoulders. "Go away."