Part Fifty

A/N: 50 parts! Woot woot~! Just so everyone knows, I am in desperate need of a life because this fan fiction is over 80,000 words. If you happen to see a life, or an add for one that is relatively cheep (I be broke) please send me a link.

love you guys a lot!

x3

Mari's blood ran cold and she froze where she was standing.

"Arachne." Kidd asked, putting Mari safely behind him. His eyes were burning with anger.

"K-Kidd?" Mari asked, her body trembling as a few of Arachne's henchmen whispered to each other, their masked faces turning to Mari. A couple of them pulled out long knifes, and they glinted in the slight light of the fading sun.

"Get the hell away from us." Kidd said, and Mari saw his hand going slowly to his pocket where his phone was.

"Oh, oh." Arachne said. "Why would I listen to you?" she laughed, motioning to her minions. "Now. Let us have Mari, so I can talk to her for a few moments."

Kidd flipped open his phone and hit a number. "Stein." He said as he put it to his ear. "Come." He said.

Arachne laughed again, her eyes burning. "I will be able to escape you if you try to kill me." she said. She turned her purple eyes to Mari, smiling. "I just want to talk to Mari, nothing else." She said.

"Shut up." A voice said, and Mari turned to see Stein and all her friends standing behind them. She looked into Stein's eyes, anxiety running through her. What if Arachne tried to take her again? What would happen?

Stein pushed Mari and Kidd behind him and glared at Arachne, his cigarette smoke filling the air with the smell of fire. His hand reached up to his screw and if clicked a few times. "You were the one who... who sent Erica and Free to kill us." He said.

Arachne smiled, he fan sending a little air whispering across her face. "Oh, that? That was so long ago. That was when I was trying to capture Mari the first time." She moved her black fan in front of her face. "If you were wondering," she said to Stein. "I killed those two. Or, as much as I could." She sighed. "They were boring after a time."

Stein's screw clicked one last time and he straightened. "I won't let you touch anyone here." He said. "I will kill all of your minions."

"Don't underestimate us." Maka said, her green eyes glowing with hatred.

"You wouldn't be the first witch I would have killed." Black Star said, Tsubaki glowing and turning into the enchanted sword, the shadowy tattoos that appeared on him seeming different than before Tsubaki had become a death scythe.

Liz and Patty transformed, and Kidd caught them in the air, his golden eyes filled with loathing. "I won't let you touch any of us." He said. "As a Reaper."

Arachne smiled. "All of you are cute. But you shouldn't underestimate me." she said.

Mari looked up as the hairs on the back of her neck began to rise. Her eyes got wide as she saw hundreds-thousands, of red eyes watching her.

"We will raze Death City to the ground, unless, that is, if you agree with us." Arachne said, one of the minions handing her a glass of what looked like wine, but thicker. Blood. She sipped it and smiled with pleasure.

Stein was relaxed, but ready to fight as he looked at the woman. He knew that they would be overwhelmed. "What do you want?"

Arachne passed the glass back to the cloaked minion and smiled. "As I was saying earlier, all I want to do, is speak with Mari. Then I will leave."