Part Thirty-Five

A/N: THIS FANFICTION IS ABOUT 55,000 WORDS RIGHT NOOOWWWWW...... AND IT'S STILL GOING TO BE A LOT LONGERRR...... IIII NNNEEEDDDD AA LIIIFFFFEEEEEEEEE

Mari's eyes opened a little, seeing bright light out of a window. She sat up, blankets falling from her. She stood, her feet touching the cold tiles and she walked to the window and looked out, her eyes meeting a beautiful sunrise. She sat down on a chair and looked at the pastel clouds and orange sun.

"Mari?" Marie's sleepy voice said.

Mari turned and smiled when she saw her holding a baby. "M-Ms Marie! You had your baby!" Mari couldn't stop smiling as Marie took the seat next to her.

"Yes. Her name is Bella." Marie said.

Mari looked down. "You shouldn't have named her that... not after... that monster." Mari said.

Marie shook her head. "Stein told me that he knew what your mother was, and he said that he still wanted to name her Bella." Marie smiled, moving Bella's blanket a little as she squirmed. "He said, that he wanted this to be the new Bella, and that she would be so strong that she would clear that woman's name from history."

Mari's smile was sad. "Okay." She said.

"Do you want to hold her, Mari?" Marie asked, her eyes twinkling.

Mari held up her hands. "I-I don't want to hurt her..." she moved away a little. "I-i... I shouldn't really... ever... I might-"

Marie's eyes were hard. "How can you be her godmother and never touch her?"

Mari's eyes were wide as she looked from Marie, to Bella. "Wh-what?! I can't be a godmother! I would never be able to... I... but... I wouldn't know how to be a mother... or... why would you... uhm..." she trailed off as she saw Marie's determined gaze.

"Take her." The woman said and held the baby out.

Mari reached out her shaking hands and Marie passed Bella to her. "U-uhm..." she looked away for a second, then back at the little girl. "H-hello... Bella..." The little baby smiled up at her, her eyes sparkling with joy. Her small hand reached out and touched Mari's cheek. Something warm passed into Mari and she drew in a sharp breath.

Her eyes were wide with wonderment as she looked down into the little girl's bright blue eyes. She couldn't feel any trace of pain or insanity in her. Mari held Bella closer to her chest and took in a few shaking breaths.

"Mari? Are you okay?" Marie said, holding out her arms to take Bella. Mari drew away, tears forming in her eyes. "Mari..." Marie said, sounding protective as she moved closer. "Give me Bella-"

"W-wait..." Mari said, tears falling from her black eyes and streaming down her cheeks onto Bella. Bella was smiling with joy and a happy gurgle escaped her lips as Mari smiled and her body shook for a second. "I... I can't feel it anymore..."

Marie's eyes knit together. "Mari, please give me Bella... and what can't you feel?" Marie sounded more persistent.

"I-I cant feel the pain..." Mari said. She let out a sob of relief and pressed Bella's cheek against hers, Mari's tears dropping onto her soft face. Bella laughed again and her hands waved in the air.

Marie took Bella from Mari's arms. "Oh." She said, tears in her eyes as well when she saw Mari happy. Bella started crying as Mari's hands left her and her fists hit the air.

Mari could feel the warm comfort of Bella gone, and now she felt cold pain stabbing through her. Marie tried to hush Bella, standing and bouncing her. Bella went quiet and gurgled a little, her small voice sounding a bit mad.