Part Eleven

OH MY GOSH!!! I AM SO SORRY IT TOOK SO LONG BUT I HAVE A FEW PARTS STORED UP SO DONT WORRY!!!!

By the way, the character Ray is my cousin RayYoshida !!! Look at her stories!!

Also, the This Is Halloween AMV is one of my favorite AMVS!!!

The door opened a little and Nygus looked through a small crack. “I’m coming in.” She said, opening the door completely.

Mari sat in the hospital room on a bed puled tight with white sheets. She looked down at her swinging feet as Nygus looked around in the cabinets, pulling out various needles and bottles. “So,” Mari ventured. “Um, do you know what’s happening to my arm?” her left arm was limp on the table, black veins running clear down to her fingertips.

Nygus walked over and held out her hand gingerly. “Give me your arm.”

Mari lifted her arm and set it, shaking, into Nygus’ hand. She lifted a small needle and was about to press it into a vein in Mari’s wrist when Mari drew away. “No…”

Nygus sighed. “Please?” She held out her hand again.

Mari gave Nygus her arm again and looked out the window as Nygus sighed. Right before Nygus put the shot in, the door slammed open, hitting the wall with a loud thump. Stein rolled in on his rolly chair, falling over at the last second and slamming his head on the edge on Mari’s bed.

He stood and rubbed his head. “Okay.” He said while simultaneously lighting a cigarette and clicking his screw. He took the shot from Nygus and gently lifted Mari’s arm. He stabbed the needle into it before she could blink.

Mari gasped in surprise and her air was gone. Stein lifted another needle and poked it into her arm, then another. “Stop!” She said as he lifted another needle.

He paused. “Yes?” He asked as though he were in the middle of a dissection.

He was holding her wrist tightly so she had to tug it away with a sharp jerk to get free. “H-how many more shots?” 

“One.” Nygus said in answer.

The shot slid into her skin and she shivered as the fluid went into her. “Okay.” Stein said. He stood to examine her arm. “It looks like it was a poison.”

Mari gulped. “From Medusa?”

Stein nodded. “It had to be her. The veins started appearing after… what happened.” He clicked his screw. “I have no idea what an antidote might be.”

Mari pointed at Nygus who was disposing of the needles. “Then what was that for?!”

Stein looked down. “Pain killers, something to reduce swelling, something to slow down the poison.”

Mari nodded. “Okay. Maybe Medusa has a cure. We could go and see if she does?”

Stein and Nygus nodded. “That seems to be our only option right now.” Stein stood. “I’ll gather some students for a mission. Nygus, please inform Lord Death.” Stein and Nygus walked out only pausing long enough to say, “We’ll be back to get you before we leave.”

The door slammed shut. “Okay.” Mari whispered.

She sat in the room alone for about twenty minutes when a girl stumbled in. She had blonde hair and was wearing a tattered purple hoody with kitten ears on the hood. Her jeans were ripped and there was a scratch showing through the torn denim. “Oh!” The blonde said as she noticed Mari. “I’m sorry! I didn’t mean to disturb you!” She straitened. “I came to clean my knee. Sorry.”

Mari shook her head. “It’s okay. I was getting board.” She looked around until she spotted a box with band aids. She stood and grabbed one with her left hand, not realizing she had used it until the girls eyes widened when she saw the black skin.

“Oh wow! Are you okay?” she gently touched Mari’s skin and Mari felt the whisper of her fingertips.

“Um, yeah. I’m okay… I guess.” She gave the girl the band aid and hid her arm. “My name’s Mari.”

The girl smiled. “Ray Yoshida. Nice to meet you Mari!” She stuck the band aid on her knee. “I remember you actually! You’re the one who kicked Black Star’s ass, weren’t you? You and that girl Amme?”

Mari nodded and sat down on the bed as a wave of nausea washed over her. “Y-yeah. That was us.”

Ray sat down next to her and held out her hands. “I’m a weapon too, you know! A gun.” She looked around as if to make sure no one was there. “Don’t tell anyone but… I have a healing wavelength.” She grinned slyly, then she was back to a happy smile. “I could try to help your arm, if you want.”

Mari rubbed her blackened skin. “I don know…”

“Come on!” Ray said happily. “I could try to at least get rid of some of the pain and see what’s wrong,”

“Okay,” Mari said and held out her arm.

Ray held her hands over Mari’s arm and closed her eyes. After a second of consentraton, her eyes flew open and her pupils were contracted with terror. “Th-There’s a Medusa s-snake in your arm!” She backed away from Mari. “I know the feeling of them! M-My boyfriend-“

Mari looked down in horror at her arm. “What!?” She saw something move under her skin and she screamed. “Get it out!” She started hyperventilating. The window opened behind her and she turned.

A man that was three times Mari’s size stood in the huge window, holding a woman with a polka dotted dress and long white hair on his shoulder. The woman jumped off the man and landed lightly on her feet, making a small clack when her white boots touched the white tiles.

She had small black dots on the corner of her mouth and they moved as she spoke. “I’m Witch Erica and this is Free the Immortal Man. Medusa sent us to retrieve you for her. Come with us and we wont hurt you further.” She held out a hand.

“Hell no!” Mari cried. Her hand turned into the blade of a claymore and the metal protruding from her wrist glinted. “Help Ray!”

Ray looked defeated. “I can’t fight without a meister, Mari!”

Mari turned back to Erica and Free. She stood. “I’m not-“ The world spun and she fell to her knees, holding her stomach. Her hand was a hand again and she held it to her mouth as her stomach heaved. She started coughing and blood dripped from her lips. She put her hands on the floor so she wouldn’t fall on her face.

“Mari!” Ray cried and her hands fell on Mari’s back. They felt icy and cold and she flinched. Ray pulled away and started screaming for help.

Free grunted. “Erica,” He persisted. “We need to leave.”

Erica grabbed one of Mari’s arms and pulled her away from Ray. Ray screamed and stumbled slipping on Mari’s blood and falling. Mari curled in on herself as she kept coughing.

Free stepped into the academy, cracking a few tiles under a foot. He lifted Mari off the ground and turned to the window. “Erica!” He said and she hopped back on his shoulder.

Free jumped and they were gone. Ray ran to the window, screaming after them. She turned and ran to find Stein and the others.