Part Ninteen

Mari: Okay i tried to do some Kidd feels, but i think i failed...

Well! I hope you like it anyway!!

Love, Mari

The man had dark sunglasses and a suit. He smiled at Kidd and Mari. "Kidd." The man said, inclining his head, his dark hair moving to the side to show an ugly scar.
"Oh." Kidd said, standing and straitening his clothing. "Is it time already?" He looked up at the man without his usual heir, seeming almost scared of the man.
The man grinned with perfect white teeth, putting his hands in his jacket pockets in an almost casual gesture. "I'm here to get you," he said to Kidd.
Kidd got up off the ground, gently moving Mari. "I'll be back in a while." He said nervously.
The man chuckled and pushed his black sunglasses up on his nose. "Death also requested that I might help this young miss too."
Kidd's face got white. "But-"
The man walked to Mari and held out his arm to her as if she were a princess. "Madam." He said.
Mari stood and walked to Kidd, wrapping her arm in his. "Where are we going?" She asked.
"Therapy." The man said. He walked out the door and Mari and Kidd followed with the other looking after them with worried looks.
There was a black car waiting for them and they got in the back, the man going to the front and sitting in the drivers seat. The car started with a rumble.
Kidd shut the little door that separated them and the driver. Kidd put his face in his hands and sighed. "I can't believe father..."
"What?" Mari asked, snuggling down into Soul's jacket. "Who is he?"
Kidd looked up at her. "He is a therapist, but he's horrible." Kidd twisted his rings and was quiet for a few minutes. "Father makes me go to his every month because of my... OCD." He sat back and straitened his jacket. "It's all because a year ago, it got out of hand... my OCD. I went a little crazy and father said I had to do something about it." He pointed at the man.
The man tapped on the glass that separated us and laughed. "Love you too, Kidd!" he said, it sounding muffled.
"I hate him." Kidd said, anger burning in his eyes.
Mari took his hand. "It's okay. I guess your dad wants me to be not crazy anymore." She looked at the man, getting a really bad feeling from him.

They pulled up to the big white building and the man opened the door for Mari. "Madam." He said, holding out his hand to help her out.
She looked him straight in the eyes and she could feel the electricity shocking off her. "I am fully capable of walking. Thank you." She got and waited for Kidd. They walked into the white building and went into a little room with two doors. There was two chairs in one corner and locks on the outside of both doors. They walked in and sat down, one door locking behind them and a click coming from the other.
"Uhm... did they lock us in here?" She ask, starting to already feel like the walls were crushing in on them. "Kidd?" she asked.
Kidd was looking at the ground when another man in a black suit walked in and nodded at Kidd. Kidd took Mari's hand and squeezed it. "I'll be back."
When the door locked again, Mari looked around, looking for some way of escape. She saw a camera and starred into the eye.
An hour and a half later, one of the doors unlocked and the same man from earlier walked in and beckoned to her. She stood and followed him to another room where the man with the scar was. "Sit." He said, gesturing to a chair. "Please, Madam."
Mari sat and looked at him sweetly. "If you don't want me to beat the crap out of you, we're going to have to change the whole Madam thing." She crossed her legs and looked him in the eye.
He laughed. "You have piss and vinegar, Sweets. I like that."
Mari looked at him with disgust. "Not Sweets either."
The man sat back into his chair, still laughing a little. "So," he said, moving his hand down his jacket to get rid of any invisible wrinkles. "I'm here to help you."
"I really want to tell you all my secrets." Mari said, rolling her eyes.
The man stood and walked to her with inhuman speed. His hands grasped the arms of her chair. "Oh," he said and Mari flinched when his breath washed over her. "I'm not here for your secrets," He said, his voice beginning to shake with amusement at her naivety. "I'm only here to brake you."
Mari was having flash backs to Medusa and her breath rasped. Suddenly, her mind went blank like an empty slate. Her eyes got wide and her mouth dropped open like a fish.
"How's that?" The man asked. He was resonating his soul with hers and she could feel it in her like a disease corrupting her soul. "So that's what you think of me?"
A small point of black appeared in the blank nothingness and she peered into although she wanted to look away and close her eyes. The point grew bigger and bigger until it enveloped her vision. The darkness flashed into thoughts that made her cringe. She saw a hand reach out at her face, gripping it with soft fingers. It drew away and she gasped as a golden tendril was pulled from her. It held it in her hand and she almost felt like it was her happiness and the hand relished it for a second, and then crushed it in its fist. She gasped and tears fell from her cheeks.
"What?" she asked as she felt the man's soul draw away from her.
"I helped you." He said simply, leaving the room.
Something felt missing from Mari. She tried to stand and fell over. One of the doors unlocked and a man in a black suit came it and pulled her to her feet. "I... can stand..." She said, her words becoming slurred. She tried to push him away but he held her with an iron grip. He dragged her outside to yet another black car. Everything was black. The cars. The men's clothing. Mari looked up at the sky, seeming dull and missing something. "What did he do to me?" She asked in her slurred voice.
The man didn't answer. He shoved her into the car unceremoniously and slammed the door shut. Another man was waiting to driver her and he set down his book, starting the car.
When the car made a sharp turn Mari slammed into the side of the car, wincing with pain. She fumbled for a second, and then managed to clip her seatbelt. "Jerks." She mumbled and her voice sounded so absurd that she wanted to laugh.
Something dropped in her when she realized she couldn't smile. "What...?" she said when her lips couldn't form into a laugh. She slid back into her seat. "What did he do to me?" She started feeling scared.
The car pulled over and her door opened, a man's rough hand pulling her out and dragging her up to the front door of the Gallows mansion. He nocked on the door and there were quick footsteps on the other side.
Liz was crying a little when she opened the door. "Mari!" She said and caught the smaller girl when the man dropped her. Liz glared at the man and pulled Mari inside, slamming the door. Mari slumped to the floor. "Black Star! Can you help me!" She called, sounding defeated.
Mari rolled onto her side, trying to figure out why she couldn't smile. When had the others gotten there?
Black Star ran in and crouched next to Mari and Liz. "Mari?" He asked and pocked her cheek. "You same as Kidd?"
"Same as Kidd?" She asked, her words mingling together.
"You sound funny." He said, cracking a stupid grin. She feebly tried to punch his arm but instead she just slapped his face a little. "Dang." He said and picked her up.
"Hey!" She said. "I... can walk." She slapped Black Star again to get him to let go of her and when he did, she fell to the floor. She sucked in air as it was all pushed out of her at once.
Black Star sighed. "When I'm trying to carry you, if you slap me I'm going to drop you." He picked her up again and carried her to the living room where Kidd lay on one couch and everyone else was throughout the room. Soul was sitting in a chair with Maka next to him, Tsubaki held a cloth to Kidd's face and Patty was helping her. They looked up when Liz, Mari, and Black Star walked in.
"Mari?" Maka asked as Black Star set her down on a couch.
Mari immediately sat up and looked around the spinning room. "Where am I?" She asked. She couldn't see straight. "What did the bastard so to me?" She gritted her teeth. "What did he do to Kidd?"
Kidd sat up to Tsubaki's protests. "He literally takes away your feelings for periods of time." He looked at her. "I don't have feelings for anyone in this room right now." He said it with a straight face and Mari felt cold run down her spine. He continued. "I could watch all of you die and I wouldn't care..." He shook his head and held his face in his hands.
Mari frowned. It seemed to be the only expression she could make, an expression of unhappiness. "Does your dad know?" Mari asked.
"My father," Kidd said. "Thinks he's a normal therapist that makes me better."
The world kept spinning and Mari held her head. "Does it go away?" She asked, her voice deadpan.
Kidd nodded. "Slowly. But it always seems to take something with it."

Mari stood, her legs shaking, and walked to the hallway. "I'm going to my room..." She said to the other and she stumbled down the spinning hall. She got lost and couldn't find her room so she stumbled into one and hoped no one would care. It was dark and there was a black comforter on the bed and that's all she saw before she fell onto the mattress and passed out from exhaustion.