Part Twenty-Eight

A/N: SSSSSSOOOORRRRRYYYYYY THIS TOOK SO LONG!! AND IT'S SHORT!! *bows* PLEASE FORGIVE ME!! I WAS AT AN ANIME CON AND IT WAS AMAMAMAMAMAMAMAZING!! NEXT SEPTEMBER IM GOING AGAIN AS MARI AND I'LL POST PHOTOS ON MY INSTAGRAM!

Btw, you guys should follow me and check out my cosplay from a few days ago!! @Mari_ikiru

=^.^=

Mari [black blood]: I really want to devour your souls... they look so good.

Mari: You guys... have you seen Kidd? I need him so badly... i think i'm going to kill people if he can't love me any--

--Please Stand By--

Mari heard footsteps again and she wished the world would just leave her alone. The person ran to her and was next to her. She just wanted to be alone.

"Mari!" The person said and lifted her as gently as they could into their arms. "Mari? Mari?" The person said and Mari's heart dropped when she realized it was Kidd, knowing his soft hands anywhere. His hands brushed her cheeks and Mari felt tears drip onto her cheek.

"Kidd... go." She said.

He shook his head. "No, Mari! I'm never letting you go again! I love you! I love you more than anything else in the entire world!" He wiped his face with the back on his hand. He lifted her into a sitting position and held her face in his hands. "Mari... I... I..."

Mari opened her eyes and held his hands with hers. "Kidd... you don't get it..." She wrapped her arms around his neck and pressed herself to him. "I can smell your soul... I want to eat it..."

Kidd held her, his arms around her, clutching her back. "Take it... you can have my soul... me... it's all yours..." He bent his head down until it was resting on her shoulder. "I'm not symmetrical without you Mari... I cant live without you... I need you..."

Mari's dark eyes were half closed and her hands were poised over Kidd's neck to kill him. "No she gasped and fell into him. "I... can't..." She looked up at him. "Kidd... I..."

He leaded his head down and kissed her. His lips were soft like they had always been and Mari grasped his face in her hands. She pulled him closer to her and breathed him in.

Then she broke away and ran. She heard him call after her and begin to follow, so she ran faster through the trees, their branches whipping her face. She found the big building in the woods where Medusa was and she ran to a door on the side of it, slipping in. She took in a breath and slid down the wall. She held a hand to her mouth as she started crying. There was a voice that she couldn't hear and a set of footsteps.

Medusa pressed her into a hug and stroked her head. "Mari." She said, trying to calm her down. She lifted Mari in her arms and carried her too a room. She set her down on a soft bed and stood, looking down at the girl.

Mari looked up at Medusa, her body beginning to shake. She wrapped her arms around her legs, curling up on the bed. She closed her black eyes and hoped she would wake up to find it was all a dream. Her wings wrapped around her, her hair flowing over her like water.

A soft blanket landed on her in a wash of warmth. Her body flinched at its warm touch, her skin no longer used to the feeling. She pulled it closer to herself, her shoulders quivering.

The door shut and Mari was alone. She clenched the blanket tightly and started whispering to herself. "It's oaky... it's okay..." She said, again and again. She finally fell asleep, tears streaming down her cheeks, thinking about Kidd's words, and how she had been so close to killing the one person she had actually ever loved.