Part Thirty

A/N: I JUST BOKE 40,000 WORDS ON THIS STORY!! THANK YOU FOR BEING WITH ME THE WHOLE WAY GUYS! I LOVE YOU!!

TwT

Mari: I am a monster. No one can love me like this. It's not possible... to be loved at all like i used to be...

Then again... no one may have loved me before.

-Please Stand By-

She clutched her shoulders as pain arched through her and she bit her lips, trying not to scream. The light vanished and she fell to her side, her body numb. She heard Kidd's footsteps running to her and she faintly felt his hands lifting her. "Kidd?" she asked as feeling began to return to her body.

"Mari?" Her said, pain in his words.

Mari moved, feeling the wings under her and her throat closed. She moved her fingertips and felt the sharpness of the claws, and the odd feeling of her teeth.

But it all seemed to be muted, somehow. Her mouth opened in a scream as a painful pulling sensation ripped through her stomach. She felt her teeth turn to normal and her claws turn to fingers. She clutched Kidd's shirt as agony ripped through her gut.

She opened her eyes, not realizing she had been squeezing them shut. Kidd's eyes were closed and his face was full of pain. Mari was gasping for air as her lungs seemed to be crushing in on themselves. "Kidd..." She said, moving herself closer to him. Pain tore through her again and she cried out.

The arm that held Mari to Kidd tightened to hold her closer. "Mari... I'm sorry... I'm trying to help you..."

Mari snakingly looked down and saw Kidd's hand stabbing into her stomach. "Kidd...?" She asked, blood pouring from her mouth in a stream of black.

"There's still..." Kidd said. He twitched with pain for a second. "A snake in you... I think..."

Mari felt it in her and she squeezed her eyes shut. "Kidd..." she said. "Get it out of me... please..."

Mari felt Kidd's lips brush hers as his hand ripped through her. "Mari?" he asked.

Mari's eyes opened to meet his golden ones. "K-Kidd?" she said back, her hand trembling as it rose to his cheek. "What is it?" she smiled, the dark blood on her face making her look even more like a monster.

His eyes shone with tears. He closed his eyes as he heard Liz and Patty transform and leave, hearing Liz crying a little. "Mari... why did you go with Medusa?" He asked as if it was the question that was the cause of all his hurt.

And Mari knew it was.

She leaned into his as he tried to tear the snake out of her, the last bit of the witch trying to spite her. Her chin trembled with a sob and her hand clenched into a fist on the ground. "It's because I thought you didn't love me, because... I was scared. Because I was going crazy. Because I felt like I didn't love myself anymore."

Kidd tightened the hand that was holding her. "I'm sorry... it's all my fault. If I had loved you more..."

Mari gasped and clutched him as he pulled a black arrow out of her, the last bit of Medusa. Kidd threw it to the side and it slammed into a wall, dissipating into black dust. Mari coughed on the blood in her mouth and her chest heaved. Pain arched over her and she held a hand to her mouth so she wouldn't scream. "Kidd?" she said, her vision white.

The gash in her stomach wasn't closing and her blood poured from her. Her hands clutched Kidd's jacket and she could feel her body beginning to freeze up in places.

Kidd pulled her into his arms and put her head on his chest, slowly rocking her back and forth. "It's okay Mari... you'll be fine. It's okay... it's okay..."