Part Forty-Two

A/N: So uhm, i'm beginning to wonder WHAT I AM DOING WITH LIFE!

T=T

Mari's eyes were wide as pain rolled over her and her heart felt like it stopped as she felt her body mutating. She looked back and saw dark, black feathers, covered in her blood. She began to shake as she saw that the wings were bigger than they had been, reaching and stretching to the black of the room.

She could feel them digging into the walls, fusing to them, and hot pain raced over her in another wave. She gasped as her teeth turned to the needle teeth, and her fingers grew into long claws.

She heard the chair snap to pieces and her body lifted off the ground a little. She looked to the side, horror filling her heart as she saw that the skin on her arms was moving in a way that didn't look human.

Mari screamed as giant, dark, shadowy tendrils shot out of her body and suck into the walls, suspending her off the ground completely.

'What's happening?' Kyoki asked, but Mari's mind was screaming and she didn't hear the question.

Arachne walked forward, not able to resist the urge to get a closer look at Mari. "Wonderful! She is beautiful!"

"Lady Arachne!" A small man standing at the back of the room said. "It's dangerous!"

Arachne ignored him and walked right up to Mari. "Beautiful..." she said.

"Beautiful...?" Mari asked, her small bit of sanity hiding in the back of her mind. Some of the black tendrils wrapped around her wrists and stretched her arms out. Her head lolled, the pain overcoming her mind. She closed her eyes, small tears slipping out.

"Mosquito, get a sample of the tendrils, and some of her feathers." Arachne said, her voice sounding greedy.

"It's dangerous, Lady Arachne. I don't think-" he started.

"I'll do it myself then!" She said. She reached forward to Mari, her hands reaching toward a tendril that wrapped around Mari's middle, under her chest and around her waist a few times.

Arachne paused as she looked at Mari's stomach, her skin smooth and soft, the three keshin eyes dark and red. She leaned in, looking closer at her stomach. It moved like there was something under her skin, in her stomach.

"Oh." Arachne said simply, right before Mari's stomach ripped open in a spray of black blood and dark tendrils shot out and tore up the right side of Arachne's face.

"Lady Arachne!" Mosquito said, running forward.

Mari trembled as the tendrils pulled back into her stomach, fitting between all of her missing organs. Her stomach closed and her tears dripped down onto the floor.

Arachne was laughing while holding her face. "You got me there!" She said in her sultry voice.

"Lady Arachne! I'll have her exterminated for hurting you!" Mosquito said, pulling out a small phone to call someone to do the job.

"No! You fool!" Arachne said. She took her hand away from her face and her magic started healing her. "We'll keep her. She's too dangerous to get close to, but we can use her as bate to get the others to come. Though, we'll hide her for a little while. Break her, so when they find her, she goes berserk." Arachne turned, laughing a little. "Mosquito, I want you to seal this room." She said, walking swiftly out of the dark room. "Leave her in solitary confinement, they did that to her at the academy. It should break her." The door slammed shut and Mari was in darkness.

Mari was alone, in the dark, and no one was there. Her body was still, and her heart felt like it was slowing down.

'Close your eyes, Mari.' Kyoki's voice said, and Mari did so. Her body fell unconscious and her mind fell into a deep sleep.