Part Eighteen

Mari: I'M SO SORRY THAT TOOK SO LONG AND I AM NOT POSTING ALL THE TIME!!

I'm trying! I swear! I have lots of schoolwork!!

Okay! So this is part two of my story and i hope you like it~

~~~~BTW, next chapter is going to have Kidd feels\head cannon so i hope you like~~~~

Part Two

Three years ago...

Mari was proud of herself. She made friends for the first time after her mom died. She skipped home through the dirty streets of her neighborhood, not caring about anything in the world. She felt like nothing could touch her.

She stumbled on her shoelace.

When her head hit the stones with a loud crack, she didn't think it was real. Her vision got foggy, colors becoming dull. She rolled to her side, holding a hand to her head. "Dad!" She screamed at their house that was maybe twenty feet away. "Dad!" The door didn't open, he didn't come out, nothing.

Her eyes drifted shut.

The beeping seemed loud as she woke up. She could feel bandages over her blue hair. She sat up, making her head spin. The beeping got faster, then slower, then the door opened. A man walked in and put a hand on her shoulder. "Hey," he said.

She looked up at him, putting a hand on her head. He had long stitches across his face, running below his shirt. "Where's my dad?" She asked him.

"We found you in the street when someone called us..." he said. He put two fingers on her neck feeling her pulse. She flinched as his fingers pressed into her neck. "What's your name?" He aksed.

"Mari." She said. "Where am I?"

"How old are you?" he asked.

"E-eleven...?" She said, her head hurting.

The door slammed open and her dad stepped in. "Mari!" He said, his voice slurred from alcohol. "What happened?!" He walked over and shoved the man away from her. His breath smelled like booze. "What happened?" he said again.

"I slipped and hit my head." She replied.

He pulled her out of the bed onto her feet. "I'll take you home then!"

The man tried to protest. "Let me give her an injection before she leaves to help her." He held up a small bottle and needle.

Mari's dad grabbed the bottle. "I can do that myself!" Her dad slammed the door and dragged Mari home. He sat her down at the kitchen table and pulled the bottle and needle out of his pocket. He filled the needle and held Mari's wrist she watched her dad jab it into her. Pain ripped through her arm and she cried out. Her dad held her wrist down with his arm. "Hold still!" He yelled. He pressed the plunger to fast and the liquid went into her blood stream with a jolt of pain.

She pulled away from his and started shaking. Tears were running down her face. She felt a hot feeling in her arm and she looked down to see a giant bade growing from her wrist. Her dad's eyes were huge as Mari screamed.

"What the hell?" He dad yelled. He starred at her like she was a monster. "No one can see you! Not ever again!" He ran to the door and locked it. "No! Never!"

Mari woke up and rubbed her eyes. Of all dreams she could have.

She sat up and saw she was in a pool of her own blood. She looked down to see her healed arms and stomach, the tattoos.