Encounter

It has been a few days since Tatsuya settled in the inn. He is still thinking of a way to reach out to his parents. Should he make a scene? Absolutely no. If he wants to let the whole world know of his disappearance and give a weak point for the Human Kingdom, yeah sure.

Besides, the fact that the kingdom wasn't in lockdown or any turmoil speaks for itself. Tatsuya's parents did not want the public to know about his disappearance lest they want to scare and bring unnecessary panic to the people.

'I need a walk out of here...'

Was Tatsuya's solution. Tatsuya has been out of it lately... He has frequently spaced out trying to find a solution to his problems, but he is still very receptive when he is called and treated like a child to not blow his cover.

But lately, nothing seems to be making sense. He knows he needs to get back home to ease his parent's worry. To go back to his rightful place...

"*Sigh* I need the walk."

Tatsuya got up from the bed and got ready to head out. He was greeted by the workers who got used to his presence in that short amount of time, he greeted them back and told them where he was going.

The women squealed at the sight of him, offering him some copper to spare, the men were ruffling his hair while also offering some of their extra copper. Tatsuya attempted to decline but was of course dismissed as they went back to their work.

With a defeated sigh, Tatsuya went out of the inn and took a walk in the packed streets. Children were running around, playing with each other as they laugh with mirth.

Tatsuya glanced at the path they ran but soon pivoted away as he continued to have a stroll. He surveyed the place discreetly, first attempting to sense if there were any nearby magicians or adults that were a match for him.

Tatsuya wasn't sure if he should be disappointed or alleviated when he didn't sense anyone at all. Dissatisfaction that no shining gem is hidden at the outer part of the kingdom or solace because no one is at a tier that can bring harm to him.

Tatsuya with his already muddled head decided to postpone such thoughts as he strolled the bustling streets with marvel.

With the extra capital he was offered, he visited stalls with specialties that caught his gaze. He bought edibles and beverages he has never tasted along with some affordable trinkets.

Slowly, Tatsuya's cramped mind was vacating, as solutions and explanations to his queries were provided as he strolled the streets.

Tatsuya halted his walk once he reached the center of the outer part. The central region of the outer part has a large fountain in the center and a bunch of glistening coins can be seen inside the clear water.

Tatsuya finishes his final skewer and threw the stick at the nearest bin before going back to the fountain. He had always wondered how it felt to be superstitious.

He onetime saw a pair throwing a coin in the rumored wish-granting fountain before and wondered how'd it feel to expect something to desperately occur, that they turned to apparent schemes an individual cultivated.

Tatsuya had glimpsed once, where two people took the currencies from the fountain and fled with huge grins on their faces. Tatsuya happened to be in the middle of his midnight stroll even then he still goes for long walks whenever he encounters situations he can't decipher quickly.

Tatsuya reached down to his pocket and clutched a single copper coin. He raised it and it glimmered under the sun's glare.

Tatsuya closed his eyes and clasped the copper coin near his chest where his heart beats peacefully.

'I desire... to discover my home and family... And be competent enough to keep them secure.'

Tatsuya wished, he gradually opened his eyes and flung the coin into the air...

It just so happened that another copper coin clashed with his and it both fell on the floor.

Tatsuya watched as his coin met with the ground with a resounding clang. He looked at his coin and turned his head back to see the other person already gazing at him...

It was a lass a little shorter than him. And it so happened that she was the other individual who tossed the coin, as he saw the copper coin laying on the ground beside the lass.

He lifted his eyes to gaze back at the lass, the lass stared back at him. They held their gazes for a while before the girl broke it off with a flustered expression as she scampered to grab her coin on the ground.

Seeing this Tatsuya was reminded of his discarded copper coin, and decided to pick it up before it got stolen. As he picked up his coin he heard a soft voice from behind.

"U-um..."

Tatsuya stood up from his crouching position as he turns to face the lass. Upon receiving his attention the lass appeared to have become punier.

"S-sorry... I didn't mean to knock your coin away..."

The lass started her voice going softer as she spoke. Her hand fiddled with her dress, she was distressed just by commencing a conversation with him so Tatsuya chose to end the chat with his response.

"It's fine, we both tossed our coins at the same time, no one would be able to tell whose coin got to the other's so no need for an apology either."

Tatsuya stated in a firm but delicate manner. He had discovered that when talking to a child, one must not sound forceful and commanding.

"Still... I want to say sorry..."

The girl's tone was low and contemplative, as she gazed at the ground with sad eyes. Squirming in place.

"There is no need..."

The girl's head lowers more, and Tatsuya starts to worry at this.

"...But, if you insist on it then knowing your name is enough."

At this the lass perked up, she looked at Tatsuya and scarcely tilted her head to the right.

"My name..?"

"Yes, we still haven't introduced ourselves."

The girl's eyes widen at the realization, her cheeks going red from embarrassment.

"Right! My name is... Suzuki Ayame! How about you..?"

The visible cute interest and expectation are written all over her face. Tatsuya let out a small chuckle before he introduced himself.

"My name is Tatsuya. It's a pleasure meeting you Suzuki-san."

Tatsuya introduced as he reached out his hand, the lass, Suzuki, perked up at that, as she too reached out her hand to hold Tatsuya's.

The two shook hands Suzuki brightened up at that. If the girl had a tail, Tatsuya wagers that it would be wagging from happiness right now. Suzuki's smile was filled with brilliance that it could almost blind someone...

Tatsuya was beaming outside, but if someone were to peer in his mind they would hear a sigh of fatigue being repeated in his head like a broken disc.

'I just wanted to have a leisurely walk... so why is it that I have encountered the heroine?'