Fairies and... an intruder?

3rd POV:

Tatsuya would never have thought he'd have a one in a thousand chance of talking to fairies.
He had never thought of even meeting with the fairy race, but then again, he didn't plan on meeting with the fox race either.

So with a stiff smile, he let the fairies and Sato, mess with his hair by placing flowers on his hair and braiding them.

Sato and the fairies were cheerfully talking with each other, as Tatsuya just sat there letting them do as they please.

Little by little, Tatsuya's tense figure gradually relaxes. Sato and the fairies who noticed Tatsuya's change of mood, quietly chuckled to themselves.

The atmosphere around the four now turned peaceful and calm, Tatsuya resting on the sakura tree with eyes closed, Sato and the fairies messing with Tatsuya's hair, while chatting.

Tatsuya could feel his own consciousness starting to slip by, yet he still tries to open his heavy lidded eyes. But it served to be futile, when his body finally went limp his eyes fully closing, as soft snores filled the place.

The fairies and Sato was grinning ear to ear when they notices that Tatsuya had fallen asleep.

"Poor child, he must've been really tired."

Said Antoinette as she lightly Pat his head.

"Antoinette don't disturb his sleep."

Adeline said, as she brush back a strand of her olive hair. Antoinette pouted but complied at Adeline's glare making her shrink back in slight fear.

"Hmph!"

"Hah, you see this Sato, this is what I get for oh painstakingly raising a younger sister."

An offended gasp came from Antoinette, but Adeline paid it no mind, making Sato awkwardly chuckle.

"Anyways, where did you find this child Sato?"

Adeline asked, ignoring her sister in the process.

"Well... Long story short..."

Sato begun to tell the story and Adeline couldn't help but frown in anger, as Antoinette's eyes widen in shock and then looked at Tatsuya with pity, before going towards him and giving the sleeping boy a comforting hug.

"Those disgusting creatures! Dared kidnap children for money! Not only that, but they actually dared to kidnap various children from different races, using the children's Incapability of using the system to their advantages..!"

She exclaimed in a whisper, not wanting to wake up the boy who was sleeping so peacefully.

Not knowing that their kidnappers would face a very furious fairy, that is also known to be a prodigy in her clan.

Adeline and Sato continued to discuss the situation, while Antoinette was humming a song to help Tatsuya fall deeper into sleep.

As the time passes, the atmosphere turned peaceful. The wind carried the falling leaves of the sakura, along with the soft humming of a lullaby around the place.

No distraction could be heard, only soft murmurings of plans in the making, plotted by an enraged fairy.

Just then, a chime was heard reverberating around the place. This made Sato and Antoinette still, and Adeline glare at the source of the disruption.

Tatsuya who was fast asleep, also abruptly woke up when he felt light tremors from his surroundings. He slowly opened his eyes with a groan, making the three look at his yawning figure.

Antoinette and Sato cooed at his cute expression, while Adeline's face softened.

"What... Was that..?"

Tatsuya mumbled, rubbing his eyes to cast away his heavy sleepy eyelids. Which the three found quite adorable.

"It's nothing, just an intruder in the space."

Adeline said in a calm voice, but the content of what she said was enough for Tatsuya to widen his eyes, with his body tensing in the process.

"An intruder..?"

Tatsuya questioned with a serious expression. His once lax posture turned stiff, and the atmosphere became serious.

"No, not exactly an intruder. If it were one, they wouldn't be able to pass through our barrier. So don't worry Tatsuya."

Adeline reassured, Tatsuya now looked confused, so Antoinette decided to explain.

"You see Tatsu, this place is protected by our power. Not just ours but from our other friends you haven't seen yet as well! Meaning this place can only be accessed by us and those who we deemed as a friend!"

Antoinette explained which made Tatsuya tilt his head in confusion.

"If that were the case, why would Adeline say that it's an intruder?"

"Ummm well..."

"Let me."

Adeline interrupted as she face Tatsuya.

"You see, even if this space can only be accessed by us and our friends, this place also functions as a sort of protection from the outside world. Like a dream in which people escape to when reality is too cruel for their liking,"

She said as she now looked to where the ripples of disruption came from.

"think of it like this Tatsuya. A place where you can escape to and be welcomed whenever you feel out of place, a home, of sorts. This place is not only built for us and our friends, but also for those who seek it, for those who seek for comfort and protection."

Hearing that Tatsuya seemed to have connected the dots, as to why this place had never been mentioned.

He might have some missing pieces yet to fill to see the full and complete picture, but Tatsuya already has a hunch of the true picture.
He cannot be truly sure since memories from the novel he read can't always be complete or be trusted, not only that, since he had already messed up with the time of events, a lot of things are changing.

After all even minor changes can make big impacts in the major parts of the outcome. There is a saying to enjoy the littlest things in life, meaning that the most minor things can most likely cause a huge stir in the future if not now.

"It seems to me that you have had the gist of the situation, Tatsuya."

Adeline said with a smile, Tatsuya was snapped back to reality when he heard her voice. He looked at her warm expression before giving a nod.

"Good, then. Shall we meet this "intruder"?"

____________________________

I'm not sure whether the name Adeline and Antoinette are European names, since I'm not from there, but safe to say the fairy race will now be considered as Europeans😅