ESCAPING

Tatsuya's POV:

There was silence for a long time.
Looking at their confused expression, I knew that they were confused and lost by my words.

So with a sigh, I stood up and walked towards the door.
I can feel their gazes on me, following, trying to comprehend my sudden moves.

They didn't need to comprehend anything though, they just needed to see.

I touched the steel bars, I inhaled and then exhaled, while doing so, my breath became a mist. Like those in the winter season.

Closing my eyes and blocking unnecessary distractions, I focused my mind on eliminating the obstacle before me.

I could feel it.

A cold sensation, running through my veins, and towards my hand that was holding the steel bars.

I opened my eyes just in time for the cooling sensation burst, and freeze the door throughly.

I heard gasps, but I ignored them, as I took out a hammer from my space.

Glancing back, I saw their slightly trembling form, the looks of surprise and amazement clear on their faces.

"I meant what I said."

Clenching the hammer in my hand, I raised as high as I could and struck the steel bars with all my force.

*Shatter*

'That took a lot out of me...'

I thought, as I let out a deep exhale, slightly panting and trembling from the sudden movement I made, when I just literally used magic.

I know, I'm an idiot for f***'s sake.

With shakey legs, I stood up on both my feet as I glanced back again at the children.

And sure enough, they were much more dazzled and dazed than before.
Then again, I cannot blame them.

Not only did I used the status window at this age, I also used magic, some that didn't even exist in the magic book.

I shook my head with a sigh, and just decided to focus on the goal at hand.

I looked back at the children, all still with the same expressions in the same place.

"What are you guys waiting for?"

I asked, and all of them seemed to snap out of the dazed world they were living in, and back to the bitchy hands of reality.

'Well atleast I got their attention.'

I thought as I gazed at them, who was looking at the pile of broken shards of steel, scattered on the ground.

"Let's get out of here."

I motioned with my head, as I turned around walking casually out the exit, stepping on the broken shards of steel that were clanking as I pass by.

Soon, I heard numerous foot steps following close behind.

A soft smile I never knew I could make, was now plastered on my face for nothing but the walls and air to see.