Human Kingdom: Home..?

The trip to the Human Kingdom was tricky - like a mutated bear coming out from nowhere - but it all went satisfactorily in the end, Tatsuya relished the company of Sato and the people who came with them. The group that journeyed with them also appreciated Tatsuya and Sato's company.

It took a total of five and a half days, till they saw the massive walls circling the Human Kingdom. The primary explanation for why it took that long was mainly because they choose solace and security above all else. Particularly because they had a child with them.

Unlike Team A's way of rough traveling to get to the destination faster, this was the most leisurely they have been. Having mostly 8 hours of rest, eating meals three times a day on time, and having breaks in between the expedition... the Lion Tribe would have not been convinced in that kind of saga if some were to hear it.

Team A is a considerably elite batch of the Lion Tribe. They are the most decisive and robust team among their ranks. Having a history of being the earliest to deal with every case given by their king.

To catch them acting docile and looking like some smitten maidens would bring a tremendous jaw-dropper to the Lion Tribe. It was mostly because they worried for Tatsuya's health, Tatsuya of course knew of this, and couldn't help but let out a small huff.

There had been times when people "actually" considered his sentiments on things, but for it to later be turned into an endorsement. None was optimistic to think about his well-being without any compensation, every single one had done it for their advantage... to get closer to him.

Of course, none has achieved in doing so. The people who associated themselves with Tatsuya were all pretentious and irksome. Their appetite for strength was reeking in their very being, just being near those people makes Tatsuya desire to retch.

He found the Lion Tribe, Fox Tribe, and the children to be very endearing to be with. Not only do their feelings towards him hold genuine thinking and emotions, but they are also the opposite of everything he has gone through as Satoshi.

Before they arrived at the gates of the Human Kingdom, they first halted at a bushy and shady place to hide. Team A took out cloaks from their bags wearing them to cover their ears and tails.

"Tatsu, we might not be able to accompany you not further than the outer parts of the Human Kingdom..."

Sato said, anxiously chewing the bottom of her lips. It was a habit Tatsuya had noticed and had mentally taken note of when he first sighted her doing so.

Of course, even if Sato did not mention this to him, Tatsuya would have known. After all past conflicts birth dreadful tears and blemishes. Some scars may recover some may not, and often they reopen.

Tatsuya bobbed at this as he beamed gently at her, she let out a precarious sigh of ease that Tatsuya has understood. Understood that they were not leaving him behind... And if they had a choice, not leave him behind at all...

They proceeded on their journey, their once loud group became deathly mute as they approached the gates of the Human Kingdom. They have brought goods that they could trade to the humans as well, to not cause a rise of skepticism.

Two people were accommodating the long line of travelers and merchants from afar. Tatsuya can see that by their uniforms, the two were most likely knights in training.

It shortly came to their turn, Tatsuya listened to the inquiries asked by one of the trainee knights. It was more like an assessment of any indications of corruption in the ranks, but thank goodness it proceeded smoothly.

Though there wasn't any present conflict between the Beast Tribe and the Human Kingdom, the amount of animosity from both ethnicities from the past battles had still not dispersed even after all these years.

Tatsuya heaved a heavy sigh, the amount of criticism, each race received from each other continues to this very day and age. The grievances were clasped firmly within the confines of their heart, therefore it is not easily forgotten.
.
.
.

Once the traveling team reached a certain point, they dropped off Tatsuya in the nearest inn that was managed by a kind elderly couple. They have agreed to take Tatsuya in for the time being till the parents of the boy find him and was also the only inn in the outskirts that took in all varieties of ethnicities as its clients.

"This is where we part ways Tatsu..."

Sato spoke out solemnly, her eyes glistening from the water forming in her eyes... daring to fall. While their escort, Team A, was already sobbing their eyes out, contrasting their muscular physique.

A sigh escaped Tatsuya's lips, but it was not due to annoyance but appreciation. Tatsuya has grown attached to Team A and Sato, along with the other people he had become acquainted with.

Tatsuya discovered exceptional things during this journey, one of them was making memorable camaraderie with very unique people. Everything he had been through had given him additional insight on things unlike how he lived before.

They said, tearful goodbyes as Tatsuya raised his right arm high waving it to say his farewell too. A soft smile adorns his face, a warm and heavy feeling blooming in his chest. Surely this is a memory worth recording, no matter how heavy it felt afterward.
.
.
.

The elderly couple took Tatsuya inside the inn and lead him to a spare bedroom, which Team A and Sato insisted on paying for even when the elderly couple refused.

But of course, the elderly couple with their kind and tender hearts cave in from the stubbornness Team A and Sato showed.

Tatsuya lay on the new bed as he started up at the ceiling, he was reminded of the first time he woke up to the Fox Tribe and Lion Tribe's village. He felt so out of place at first, seeing a different pair of ceilings t to what you're used to...

He always gets used to it due to the people keeping him company as he sleeps. But now he has no one to sleep with. No words of comfort to cling to. Nothing... he was on his own...

Tatsuya was home..?