Sakura?

Tatsuya's POV:

After walking for awhile and seeing some exotic and fascinating creatures on the way, Sato-san stopped walking making me halt too.

"Tatsu-kun, do you have a nice grip?"

She asked as she looked at me, I tilt my head in confusion, but gave a nod to her question.

"Good, I was just checking, I don't want to drop you mid jumps now do I?"

She said with a smile, and I couldn't help but wonder what she meant by that.
.
.
.
.
.
'So this is what she meant by that...'

I gripped her clothes tightly, so as to not fall and crack my skull open.

When she said mid jumps, she meant it.

Despite being a fox, she's currently acting like a rabbit, with her jumping from this humongous like branches as if she were walking through a park.

Hell, she even has smile on her face while humming a song? It was a pretty nice melody so I couldn't really complain.

It kind of makes the whole situation a little bit better... A little bit.

I could hear and feel her soft yet booming laughter, while I on the other hand was hiding my head on her nape so that the harsh wind won't hit my face.
It was to also cover it from accidentally getting bruised or worse. After all, I am still human.

"Look! We're almost there!"

She exclaimed making me look in front, just in time to be met with a blinding light.

'Ugh, why do I always get blinded..? Is this some sort of tricks made by that "god"?'

I thought as I quickly closed back my eyes, my hands shielding it from the light as I rub them.

"Open your eyes and take a look Tatsu-kun!"

Hearing Sato-san's encouraging tone, I slowly opened my eyes.

"T-this is-!"

My eyes widen in shock...

"It's beautiful isn't it? And this place is very much suitable to take a rest when needed!"

I hear her say, but the numbness from the shock, whenever this happens it always makes the words fuzzy for me to understand. But with my now enhanced senses, I now have a pretty great grip in reality to understand and clearly hear her voice.

But even so, I could not response to her, as I kept my gaze glied to the scenery.

In front of me was breathtaking scenery.
A magnificent dream like painting, that supposedly came to life and made it's resting place deep in the dark forest.

It's beauty is indescribable...

I then saw Sato-san in front.

'When did she get there? I swore I just heard her talk a moment ago...'

I wondered, I didn't even notice that she had already placed me down, even with my enhanced senses...

My eyes took her figure, and she looked like apart of this very world...
Like a beautiful painted lady, with sunset like her and eyes, her hair swimming in the wind. Her smile was as radiating as the sun, and her very existence screams perfection.

"What do you think?"

She asked, her soft features blending in the scenery very well.

"It's..."

"Haha! Lost for words?"

She laughed, tucking a flowing strand of hair behind her human ears.

I blinked and then answered...

"The opposite actually..."

I muttered focusing my gaze on the eye catching tree, who's leafs are like that of a mesmerizing flower, that is also emmiting a calming vibe, which makes for an intoxicating view.

"Is that... A sakura?"
.
.
.
.
.

Minutes after the shocking revelation of a sakura tree being in this world, I was now sat down under the said tree watching as Sato-san pick some flowers that was growing around the sakura tree.

Still, even with the calming atmosphere, the questions in my mind didn't just vanish.

'What is a sakura doing here? Was this ever mentioned in the novel? No, it can't be, I read that thing more than what my fingers can count. There is no way for me to have missed a single detail...'

I pondered, my thoughts going through all sorts of possible explanations.

"Things have been going south now that I've messed with the flow of things... Never thought that the latest ripples of time had already taken effect..."

I mumbled, my head was lowered thinking of all the consequences all catching up to me in a much quicker pace than I anticipated.

"Ah!"

I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard Sato-san exclaim, I looked towards her direction and saw something mystical.

"You guys are here! Oh right, I want you to meet my new friend over there! His name is Tatsuya."

Sato-san exclaimed happily as I hear her introduce me to her supposedly friends.

With my new hightend senses I could clearly see her friends looking at me in a curious way.

A good thing perhaps...?

"Tatsu-kun! I want you to meet my friends!"

Sato-san ran her way towards me, her friends following behind.

As they got near, I could feel myself just wanting to pass out and sleep my way through this.

"Tatsu-kun meet my friends! Antoinette and Adeline! Antoinette and Adeline, meet Tatsuya or what I like to call him, Tatsu-kun!"

She said introducing us in an enthusiastic manner.

I looked at her friends sparkling and anticipating expressions and unconsciously let out a smile...
The kind of smile when I'm being forced to go to a gathering with people my age and status.

"Nice to meet you, my name is Osamu Tatsuya."

I introduced myself, my face not getting used to this kind of smile before which makes it a little stiff.

Looking at the fairies and Sato-san, I could tell they were all looking at me with genuine worry.

'God I want to die.'

I thought which I left unsaid. Not wanting to ruin a reputation.

After all, fairies were said to be very sensitive creatures, who also knows how to hold a grudge well.