Departure

A month had passed by just like that, likea  lightning striking the ground. Tatsuya had never experienced a month pass by like it was nothing before.

It usually all feels long, suffocating, and exhausting to deal with every year. It felt like the days would stretch into infinity, whenever he wakes up every morning.

Tatsuya would have never thought that something that he used to dread could feel so peaceful.

He also had a great rest because of it. Well, his days of rest were mostly spent on the children dragging him to play and do all sorts of activities together. Tatsuya even spent other days with the two fairies.

Even though he did a lot of things other than resting itself, he felt energized. He didn't feel an ounce of tiredness in his body.

Which he considered to be odd, but didn't think more about it, and just believed that the God who brought him here, may had pulled some strings to help him.
.
.
.
"D-do you really have to go..."

One of the kid asked, eyes shining from the salty water held within, that was daring to spill in any given moment.

Tatsuya had informed everyone the night befire, that he'll be departing the next day which shocked everyone. Especially the twins and the new addition fox.

The children cried a lot that night, and refused to stop or leave Tatsuya's side. Fearing he might abandon them too, even the twins and the fox were being stubborn.

And that was saying something, since the three had always been the most cooperative amongst the children.

Tatsuya had to explain to the children slowly while carefully watching his words for the fifth time, as to why he needed to go back home.

And it was only because it was nearing midnight did the children finally relented, their small bodies could not handle the drowsiness, especially when most of them played and played non-stop since early in the morning.

Only stopping when they were called to eat.

"I have too, Rei. My parents are waiting for me."

Tatsuya answered, he then felt a tug from behind and looked to see the twins standing side by side with the fox behind the two.

"What is it, Akuma, Yoru, Yajuu?"

Tatsuya questioned, but the three seemed to be hesitating to talk. It was until the oldest twin decided to speak.

"Will- will we be able to meet with you again?"

He questioned, Tatsuya looked at the serious face the three made and couldn't help but smile.

"Yes."

"Th-then will you still remember all of us even if it'll be along time until we all meet again?"

This time, it was the younger twin who questioned.

"Yes. As long as you promise to remember me too."

Tatsuya said with a soft huff. He then looked at Yajuu who had been quite the whole time.

"I hope to see you well, Yajuu."

Tatsuya said, he didn't received a verbal reply, but the nod of agreement was enough.
Tatsuya then entered the wooden carriage with the help of Sato who proceeded to close the door, Tatsuya made himself comfortable on the seat, before looking out the glass window and at the children who were all teary eyed, as they waved him goodbye.

Tatsuya smiled, before doing the same gesture. Sato then started to drive the carriage using the two horses the village chief had provided, along with enough food supplies.

Tatsuya had received a lot from his new found friends, he also learned a lot from them too.

He continued to look out the window, until the children's figure could no longer be seen...
.
.
.
"Whew! Let's see, we have to camp for the night, and later in the morning head straight to the next village..."

Sato muttered beneath her breath. Night had fallen, and the cold breeze made Tatsuya shiver.

He sat next to the fire where their food was cooking, and stayed there huddled in a fur jacket, Sato had gave him.

It had only been a few hours, but he already wondered how the other children were faring.

It was weird as it felt right. After he had spent a month with the others, he grew to understand that his past life could never be compared to his old one.

And besides, even that God has told him to enjoy and have fun in his current life.

"Are you doing alright Tatsu-kun?"

Sato questioned, her tail swinging back and forth, with her ears twitching whenever a slight noise was heard.

"Yeah, just thinking about how the others are doing."

Tatsuya replied, he had a smile plastered on his face but his eyes shone a different thought.

Whatever that may be, we'll never know...
.
.
.
Before the sun could even rise, the two had already left their camping site.

Not just because they want to reach the village early, but also for their safety. There might be some monsters roaming nearby and attack them if they had stayed longer.

Or perhaps mountain bandits, that just happen to come across them. It's better to be careful than sorry.

Other than leaving the campsite early, their journey had been peaceful and quite. Tatsuya thought that it may have something to do with the blessings the fairies gave to them, when they departed.

The ride to the next village went on, they took quick breaks whenever they felt like they sat for too long, stretching their bodies and snacking on some sweets the sweet old couples from the village gave to them.
.
.
It was already noon when they arrived in the next village, Tatsuya peeked out the window, as he watched the villagers go on with their day.

It wasn't a surprise to Tatsuya that the destination was no ordinary village. The people in the village had cat like ears and tails.

He had also observed that the males had a longer hair, other's had beards as long as their hair.

'I see, they must be the lion tribe.'