20.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

The wind blew my skirt up as I waited for someone to answer the door. They both opened the door, Mo walking out.

"Welp" Mo said popping the p, "I'm leaving."

Garrett and I hugged him goodbye before walking back into the apartment.

"Finally" Garrett said walking over to me. He wrapped his arms around me, pulling me close. He kissed me like this was the last kiss he'd ever receive from me.

"You act like you haven't seen me in forever" I said jokingly, knowing we really hadn't.

"Babe... don't even with me" he said with a fake attitude making me laugh.

"I know, I know. You missed me" I said kissing him again.

"Indeed I did" he said hugging me tighter.

***

He cooked the chicken since I was too grossed out to do so while I made the mashed potatoes, green beans, corn, and macaroni and cheese.

He made dirty jokes while he helped with the macaroni. Such a child.

Once everything was done, he heated up two biscuits, drizzling butter on them when they were done.

We sat down and started to eat when I felt the sudden urge to explain myself.

"Garrett?"

He looked up from his plate with an adorable grin. "Yes?"

I couldn't ruin this. Not tonight. I thought I wanted to, but explaining why I don't want to say "I love you" would mean I'd have to explain everything. And I'm not ready for that.

Not yet.

"I um—" I stuttered trying to think of something else quickly. "I'm really glad we did this." Even though it's not what I was going to say, I meant that.

"Me too Princess" he said scooping a mouthful of mashed potatoes in his mouth.

I ate my food enjoying our time together. He was so cute, sitting so contently eating his food. He started to sway side to side, humming while he ate.

This was something we had in common.

I swayed along with him trying to recognize the tune he was humming.

"I don't do fake love, but I'll take some from you tonight" I started to sing.

He smiled and his mouth dropped open in excitement. "I know, I've got to go but I might just miss the flight. I can't stay forever" he sang.

We both started to belt out the lyrics to Bloody Valentine. "Let's play pretend, and treat this night like it'll happen again. You'll be my bloody valentine tonight!!!"

We started laughing after wearing our voices out with the screaming of MGK lyrics.

"I love us" he said trying to catch a breath.

"Me too" I said doing the same.

***

"So what movie did you pick out" he asked looking at me curiously.

"You'll see" I said leaving it a mystery.