8.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

I hung up with Jared and immediately called Garrett.

"Hey Rachelle" he picked up.

"Hey Garrett! So, we're going to Applebee's and then my friend Evangelica's house to swim. Is that cool?" I waited anxiously for his answer.

"Ya! That's good, but I have a question."

"Yes" I asked.

"I let my brother Marshall use my car because his is in the shop, so I was wondering if you could possibly pick me up."

Yay!! We get to ride together!!!

"Um, ya. That's not a problem at all. What's your address?"

I couldn't be more excited to ride together. Actually, seeing him period is making me a little sick... with joy...? Ya. Excitement.

***

I text Garrett as I pulled up in his driveway.

Me: "hey, I'm here"

Garrett: "would it be creepy if I ask you to come inside really quick?"

My stomach hit the floor.

Me: "no, it's kewl. I'll come in :)"

It was not cool. Not at all. I was going to spontaneously combust. I couldn't breathe I was so nervous. I knew he lived with his parents so I was so incredibly scared to meet either parent.

I pushed my anxious thoughts aside as I walked up the steps, eventually standing before the door.

I knocked while trying to look as normal as possible. I hear a bark behind the door. All my nerves were seemingly calmed knowing I was going to meet his dog, Scout. That was, until the handle started to rattle and the door started to open.  I held my breath.

"Hello there! You must be Rachelle" a very welcoming voice came from his mother.

"Uh, yes. That's me" I said quietly trying to collect my thoughts and not look nervous.

"Well, come in honey." She stepped aside and welcomed me into the house as the dog ran to me. I smiled from ear to ear and bent down to greet the dog.

"This is Scout" she says as I pet the dog.

"Oh, I forgot to introduce myself. How silly of me" she laughed to herself while I smiled.

"I'm Brenda, Garrett's mom."

I stood up straight saying, "nice to meet you Mrs. Overboe."

She lightly tapped my shoulder and said, "oh, no. Mrs. Overboe is my mother-in-law. You can call me Brenda. In fact, I insist" she said with the sweetest tone and a smile that lit up the room.

I chuckled lightly to myself. "Alright, Brenda" I said emphasizing Brenda, "it's nice to meet you."

We both drew our attention to the stair case as Garrett stumbled down the steps.