4.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

"So????? What happened?!" I laughed as Jared asked a simple question.

"Nothing, we just said we remembered each other and I gave him my number."

He looked at me like I had just said I killed a man.

"Nothing? You gave him your number and you think that's nothing?"

He was right, I guess. If Garrett wanted my number he clearly liked me. I think...

***

Jared and I walked to our cars just chatting about my "party" this weekend.

"I can't believe they made you work on your birthday. YOUR BIRTHDAY!! Who does that?!"

"I don't know, but Michele has never liked me," I say plainly.

Michele was the most cruel boss ever. I asked two weeks in advance to have Monday, my birthday, off and she still declined.

"At least I get the whole weekend off" I say smiling from ear to ear. Just as we reach the parking lot in the back my phone dings.

Garrett: "hey, it's Garrett from the Coffee Cup"

I chuckled that he thought he needed to clarify where he was from.

Me: "yes, I remember :D"

Garrett: "right... so, what are you doing right now?"

"What's happening? Did he confess his undying love for you yet" Jared asked looking quite pleased with himself.

"No, not yet" I laughed, looking down to reply to Garrett.

Me: "I'm currently leaving work, what about you?"

I grabbed Jared before he walked too far and hugged him tight asking "I'll see you tomorrow?"

"You know it Rachelle" he said hugging me tighter.

I laughed to myself while we walked separately to our cars. I got to my car when my phone dinged again.

Garrett: "like, in your car leaving work?"

Me: "umm, yes"

Garrett: "well, don't text and drive! Are you crazy??"

I smirked at his adorable concern. Why'd he care? We haven't talked longer than 20 minutes total.

Me: "you're right, I'm sorry. I'll text you when I'm home."

Garrett: "ok, that's better"

I absolutely adored this care. We barely talked and I'd already smiled at his text messages.

I plugged the aux cord into my phone and put on my "Only 1D" playlist. As Little Black Dress blared in my speakers I pulled out of the parking lot screaming along to the music.

A mix of songs played on my way home. Kiwi, Nice to Meet Ya, Summer Love, Like I Would, and many others made my heart pump and throat ring with lyrics spilling out as they played.

I pulled into my apartment complex, shutting the car off after I parked. I gathered my stuff, shut the headlights off, and pulled the keys out as I opened the door.

For July, it was somewhat cold. I hugged myself as I walked towards my apartment door. I got to the door pulling my key chain up so I could find the door's key.

I opened the door rushing in as my mind told me I was being watched. I did this often. I know, I'm crazy.

I took my shoes off putting them in the closet. I walked up the stairs, hanging up my keys as I reached the top.

When I walked in my room I tossed my hoodie in the laundry basket because of the coffee I had spilt on it earlier that day. I changed out of my work clothes and threw on black shorts and a Harry Styles hoodie.

I texted Garrett letting him know I was home and that we could talk now when almost immediately he said:

Garrett: "awesome! So how was your day?"

Me: "well, I had to work and it's my birthday so I was kinda bummed, but over all pretty good. What about you?"

Garrett: "I had a great day ;)"
Garrett: "and it's your birthday???"

I found it interesting he asked about my birthday.

Me: "yuppers. Today's the day."

Garrett: "well Happy Birthday!"

I chuckled at the thought of him wishing me a happy birthday. It was way too soon to have butterflies over him, but my stomach flipped just thinking about him.

Me: "thanks!" I said not really knowing what else to say.

Me: "so when's your birthday" I asked, regretting it almost immediately. I felt creepy asking a question like that. I tried to cover for myself only making it worse.

Me: "sorry, that's weird"

I was completely mortified with myself now. I was always awkward, but I felt this was next level. I just asked him his birthday within the first day of talking.

Garrett: "no, it's not. It's fine. It's February 27th"

I couldn't express how relieved I was, but I felt like he was just trying to make me feel ok, so I started to feel embarrassed again. We were just texting and my face was bright red. I was so glad this was over text.

Garrett: "back to your birthday"

I waited for him to say something else.

Garrett: "did you do something already or are you going to do something later, or...?"

Me: "well, my friends are throwing a party this weekend, but my family and I celebrated yesterday after church."

I didn't know if it was too soon to mention religion, but it was very important to me so I wasn't upset I mentioned it.

Garrett: "that's cool!"
Garrett: "and if you don't mind me asking, what religion are you"

I wasn't expecting to talk about this so soon.

Me: "I'm Apostolic Pentecostal :)"
Me: "are you religious at all?"

I was nervous for his answer.

Garrett: "that's nice. I'm just a Christian. I was raised in church. I go every now and then"

Me: "awesome :D"

Garrett: "so what's Apostolic Pentecostal?"

I realized I used a "fancy" name.

Me: "it's pretty much just a fancy name for Christian. Christian is what I am, Apostolic Pentecostal is a fancy label for what I believe."

Garrett: "oh. I see."
Garrett: "I hope you don't mind talking about this"

Me: "no! Not at all. Religion is very important to me, so I guess it's good we talked about it"

He made me feel comfortable about this. Most guys aren't religious and don't want to talk about religion at all so this was new.

Garrett: "me too :)"

I didn't want him to have to carry the conversation so I changed the subject saying:

Me: "is playing 20 questions too childish?"

Garrett: "not at all. You first?"

Me: "sure" I replied as I thought of a question to ask.