9.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

After Garrett and I kissed I was ecstatic, but reality set in and I realized we hadn't been talking that long. As much as I enjoyed the kiss, I was scared to death of ruining whatever we had.

I didn't want to seem dramatic, but I had to tell Garrett I didn't want to get... "crazy" too early. So I told Garrett I wanted to talk. I don't want a repeat of my last relationship.

Garrett's P.O.V:

Rachelle told me she needed to talk to me about the other night. I was incredibly scared when I got the text, but she reassured me that it wasn't bad, she just wanted to talk, so I said I'd go over her apartment.

As I walked up to her door I smoothed my hair and took a deep breath, slowly letting it out as I knocked on her door. She opened the door wearing a smile that lit up the world... and very short spandex shorts.

I pushed my thoughts out as she smiled even bigger waving me to come inside. I walked in and she immediately hugged me, so I hugged her back. The hug was warm and made me a little less nervous.

When we reached the top of the stairs she looked at me to ask "do you want anything to drink? I have water, milk, Mountain Dew, Coke, and red Kool-Aid."

"Water's good for now, thanks" I said back.

She walked to the cupboard and grabbed a cup before asking "ice?"

I just nodded.

"How many?"

"Three is good" I answered.

She got the ice and poured my water from a pitcher into the glass she'd gotten from the cupboard.

As she poured herself some Mountain Dew she told me I could sit at the table or the couch. As I sat at the table she came over to sit across from me setting her glass on a coaster.

"So," she began.

"I wanted to talk about the other night. Well, clearly" she laughed nervously.

"I wanted to talk to you because I... really... like you."

She didn't look at me, but rather her hands that were trembling and fiddling with each other.

"I was raised to date before anything gets... heavy, I guess is how I'd describe it."

I looked at her puzzled.

"Like, don't act inappropriately, save sex for marriage, and stuff like that."

"Me too" I chimed in.

She continued, "I'm not saying I didn't enjoy our kiss, I just want to be... together... before anything goes too far" she said trailing off at the end. She looked so nervous and was blushing bright red.

"I'm not saying we have to get to together right now, I just wanted to be clear" she said in a quiet but matter-of-fact tone.

I knew what she meant. I respect it, and honestly, with the way I've been with... others, I want to take this slower. Well, as slow as I could bear it.

"I know what you mean. And I respect it Rachelle."

She finally looked up, but only for a second. "Thanks" she said looking back down at her hands.

I took her hands in mine causing her to look at me. "I'm glad you told me. I don't want to ruin this, so I'll go as slow as I can."

She smiled and squeezed my hands tighter.

"So you aren't mad?"

I chuckled at her nervousness. "No, not at all" I say meaning every word.

"Oh, and Rachelle?" I said getting her attention again.

"I really like you too" I say.

Rachelle's P.O.V:

I blushed at his comment, nearly melting in my seat. He looked at me and grinned saying "come here." I got up and he wrapped his arms around me hugging me tight.

"I don't ever want to make you feel uncomfortable, so don't feel bad or weird about talking to me" he says with his chin on my head.

"Ok. You too" I say wanting him to know I'm all ears too.

He said "ok" while he hugged me tighter.

I could hear his heart beat. It was calming and made this moment even better. I expected this to be a weird and brain crushing conversation, but it wasn't. I spoke my mind and he spoke his.

He understood what most guys dismissed and I wished I could tell him how much that meant to me.