44.)

⚠️ TRIGGER WARNING: LIGHTLY MENTIONS SEXUAL ASSAULT ⚠️

* A WEEK LATER *

Rachelle's P.O.V:

Today hasn't been good. I woke up writhing in pain and my skin felt like it was on fire. Everywhere I looked I saw him.

Garrett insisted I went to the hospital, but there's nothing they can do. They can't erase what happened. They can't treat me. Pills won't help what's wrong with me.

Ever since last week, the nightmares have been getting worse. I can't leave their apartment, I can't eat, I hate sleeping, and I had to explain to my boss what's been going on.

She was not happy I didn't tell her sooner. She said she didn't need me as of now, but what scares me is that she gave me two months before she has to fire me. If I'm not "cured" in two months, I'll be out of a job.

My therapist said talking about it helps, and I don't know if J.P.'s right, but I'm going to try and explain to Garrett what's wrong. I'm sure it's obvious by now, but I don't want him to guess anymore. I want him to know.

"Hey, Elle. Garrett said he's on his way home and wants to know if you need anything from the store" Marshall said, pulling me from my thoughts.

"I want Kit Kat's... like a lot" I mumbled.

"How much is a lot" he asked.

"A lot a lot" I said louder.

"Got it" he said turning to walk out before I halted him.

"Please don't leave me" I whispered.

"Ok. Ok, I won't leave" he said sadly.

He walked over to the bed, laying next to me as the next episode of the Golden Girls played. I turned into his side, laying my head on his hip bone.

"You don't mind if I lay here, do you" I asked, thinking how this might be weird for him.

"Uh... no. It's- no, it's ok" he stuttered.

"I'm sorry if I'm making you uncomfortable, I just can't be alone right now. If Garrett were here I'd cuddle with him, but you'll do for now" I said honestly.

"It's ok, Rachelle. You don't have to be sorry for needing someone" he said sweetly.

I laid there thinking of all the times Marshall was sweet to me. Marshall never let me feel alone, or like I was burden. Besides Garrett, Mo is pretty much the only one I feel comfortable around.

As I laid there, I realized that Marshall was just as much apart of my life as Garrett was. They both made me feel loved, cared for, and supported.

"Marshall?"

"Yes?"

"I've told Garrett time and time again that I love him and that I am so appreciative of everything he's done for me... but I'm just now realizing that I don't do that enough with you" I said sincerely.

"Rachelle, you don't—"

"Please don't interrupt" I said softly.