24.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

"Are you ready Garrett?!"

We planned to leave at 3pm and it's currently 6:35pm.

"Babe, come on! I told my parents we'd be there at 11 tonight" I yelled.

"But that's not gonna happen because we're almost three hours behind schedule" I mumbled under my breathe in anger.

I heard Garrett stomping out of his bedroom to the living room.

"Rachelle, I told you I'd be ready in 5 minutes. Please be patient."

I just sat there with my arms crossed and my eyebrow raised in annoyance. I told him yesterday what time we had leave in order to be at my parents house at a reasonable time and he's still not ready.

Well, 11pm isn't really "reasonable" per-say, but we thought getting there the night before was smart so we'd have a whole three days to spend with my family.

But now we're not getting there until at least 2:40am. But at the rate Garrett's going, we won't be there until next week.

Finally, Garrett came out saying he was ready to go and asked where my bag was.

"I already put it in the car since you were taking forever." I mumbled the last part not wanting to completely start a fight, but wanting to get it off my chest.

He just rolled his eyes at me.

***

"I need water" I stated honestly.

"You grabbed a water before we left, right" Garrett asked looking at me in disbelief.

"Well, yes, but that was 4 hours ago" I said.

"You can't wait any longer" he asked sounding annoyed at me.

"Clearly not, Garrett" I said giving back attitude.

"Babe, is something wrong" he asked looking at me for a split second.

"Yes. I'm thirsty" I answered sarcastically.

"That's not what I'm talking about."

"Then what are you talking about" I asked.

"You've been moody all day. This whole car ride you've been snarky" he said calmly.

"What" I asked not believing he'd just said I was "moody" for needing water.

"Did I do something wrong? Is there something I need to know, baby" he asked so sweetly.

I realized that my stress was starting to seem directed towards him. I didn't even realize it.

"I'm sorry Garrett. I... I just" I started. "Well, I was annoyed that you slept through your alarm and that we were three hours behind schedule, but the main thing is..." I stopped for a second.

"What is it" he asked.

"Nothing. I don't want to make excuses. I shouldn't be rude to you just because I'm upset. I'm sorry Lover Boy" I said not wanting to play the victim.

"No. If you're having a bad day let's talk about it" he said grabbing my hand.

"Garrett, it's fine. There's no reason for me to be rude" I said again.

"Rachelle, if you don't want to talk about why you're mad, fine, but I want you to know that I can understand being upset. If you're not directly mad at me then I'll leave it alone, but I want you to know I'm here if you want to talk" he said kissing my hand.