27.)

Garrett's P.O.V:

I woke up to the blaring of Rachelle's phone.

*RING*

"Momma is calling..."

I rolled over to the night stand on my left and grabbed her phone from the charger. I silenced it for a moment so I could get Rachelle up.

"Baby? Hunny, your mom is calling."

I shook her lightly, rubbing her arm when she didn't respond. I started to pepper kisses on her face and shoulder hoping to gently wake her up.

Rachelle wasn't a morning person at all. I'm hoping she doesn't bite my head off, but it's not likely. She hates getting up on a full nights sleep, I can't imagine what she's gonna be like with barely 4 hours.

"Rachelle, baby. You gotta wake up" I said kissing her cheek sweetly.

"Go to Hell" she muttered.

"That's not very nice" I stated sarcastically.

"I'm tired ba—" her words trailing off as she turned to bury her head in the pillow.

"I know, Princess. I know" I sympathized.

She never really gets sleep now, and any consistent sleep was precious, but we never called yesterday and now her mom's calling.

Her phone stopped ringing, but I didn't want to leave her parents hanging. We didn't get in last night at the time we said, we never called to tell them we were here, AND we just ignored her mom's call. They're probably going to think we're dead or something.

"Babe, I hate doing this, but you have to call your mom. She's probably worried sick about us."

"No" she protested.

"Babe" I said in a more assertive tone.

"Damn, ok! Give me the freakin' phone" she said angrily, sitting up and rubbing her eyes aggressively.

"Did— did you just swear" I asked in shock.

I couldn't think of a time I'd heard her swear before, but G*d I wanted to.

"No, of course not" she defended herself.

"Yes, you did" I said with a chuckle.

"No, I didn't" she pouted.

"Give me my phone. I don't want my mom thinking we're dead."

"Not until you admit you swore" I taunted.

"Oh my goodness, Garrett. You're being childish. Give me my phone" she said trying to snatch her phone.

"Admit... you swore" I said faking a serious look.

"Fine. Have it your way" she said.

"That's what I thought."

"I guess my parents are just gonna have to think we're dead until we get there" she said getting up.

Damn it. She got me.

"Babe!"

I got up to chase her in the bathroom. I walked in to see her pulling out her retainers and brushing her teeth.

"What" she asked after I stood in the door way, staring at her for a couple of seconds.

"You're really doing this" I asked.

"Doing what? You make it sound like this is serious" she laughed.

"I just want you to admit you swore and then we can call your mom and assure them we aren't dead."