23.)

Garrett's P.O.V:

It's been two weeks since Rachelle's nightmares started, and it only seems to be getting worse.

She won't tell me what they're about, but I know it's not good. Well, duh.

She's been going to work absolutely exhausted and coming over my place to sleep after work. She said she feels safe in my arms, so that's where she lays.

It's still not enough. She still cries and shivers due to the nightmares. I kill myself over whether to let her sleep or to wake her up.

I wish I knew how to help, but I just don't. Even if she told me everything going on up there I still wouldn't be able to make it go away. It doesn't work like that.

I'm so worried about her.

I don't see her eat anymore. When she does, it's because I practically beg her to, and that's scary. I can't imagine what's going on in her head.

***

I heard my phone ring, so I rolled over to shut it off. Before I did, I read the name.

*Rachelle*

"What's wrong baby" I asked completely out of it.

I heard her sob into the speaker. She sounded like she'd just been tortured and given 10 seconds to notify someone.

"Babe?" I yelled.

"BABE? What's wrong??"

Rachelle's P.O.V:

"It won't stop" I sobbed to him.

"What won't stop babygirl" he asked in a raspy voice.

He'd clearly been sleeping, but I was too caught up in my nightmare to care who's sleep I'd disrupted.

"I n-need you" I stuttered out.

"Ok, ok. I'm— let me—" I heard him rustle around, his words being muffled from the speaker being covered.

"I'll be over there asap, ok? Imma tell Mo I'm leaving and I'll be there, ok" he asked sounding terribly concerned.

"Ok."

...

I heard a knock on the door, pulling me from the pillow clung to my chest for comfort.

I slowly walked to the stairs of the apartment, still shaking from terror. I tumbled down the stairs, unlocking the door to see a tired Garrett holding a duffel bag.

"Oh God, Baby. I was so worried" he said slamming his body to mine.

"I'm so sorry" I said starting to sniffle.

Garrett turned from locking the door up again, looking as serious as a heart attack saying "no. You're not sorry."

I was confused. What does he mean?

"You're not sorry because I'm not letting you be sorry" he said with full sincerity.

"There's no need to be sorry. You need me and that's all that matters. Nothing else, ok" he asked tilting my head up to look at him.