47.)

Rachelle's P.O.V:

Ever since Uncle Ben called Garrett's been talking non-stop about acting. It's been 2 months and all I hear about is acting. Don't get me wrong, I completely support him, and I think he's so cute when he rants and rambles, but I'm starting to stress.

Truth be told, I never thought we'd get this far. When I called Uncle Ben I wasn't really thinking of the "what-if's". I want Garrett to be successful, and I want him to be happy, but I've already decided what I'm going to do... I just don't know how to tell Garrett.

"Babe" Garrett said, pulling me out of my thoughts.

"What up honey" I asked.

"So, Mo and I are supposed to have dinner with my parents, and Mom wanted to know if you'd want to come."

Before I even got to answer he spoke again.

"It's ok if you don't want to. I know you haven't been in the mood to fake a smile, so I understand if you don't want to go" he finished.

"No, I'm good. I love your parents" I said.

"Even my dad" he questioned.

"Yes, Garrett. Even your dad" I laughed.

"Well, great. We should leave in 2 hours. Sound good?"

"Yuppers" I answered.

"I need a shower" he said pushing his hair from his eyes.

"Me too" I said.

"Wanna save water and share the tub" he smirked.

"Sure... let's save water" I said sarcastically while I quirked my eyebrow in suspicion.

"Music to my ears" he smiled cheekily.

"Even though we can't run out of it" I mumbled, laughing at him.

He ignored me, marching to the ensuite as I followed. He flicked the lights on, revealing the brightest smile ever. His eyes squinted from the grin, his teeth sparkled in the light, and his cheeks were tinted like he'd been blushing.

"What" I asked starting to blush.

"I am so lucky to have you" he smiled.

"Oh, stop" I hushed, walking over to the shower.

"No! I- look at me" he demanded softly.

"What" I huffed.

"You are so pretty. My goodness, you're pretty" he smirked as he rubbed my arms.

"I honestly can't tell you how happy I am. I mean... you make me so happy. I mean, look at you" he said as he dragged me to the mirror.

He stood behind me, his arms wrapped around the front of my waist as I looked down at my feet.

"Look."

I don't want to.

I looked up to meet his eyes, rolling mine and huffing like a child. He scolded me in the mirror as I looked everywhere but myself.

"Look at yourself. Just for a second" he said as he kissed my neck.

I looked up hesitantly, meeting his eyes once again and then looking at myself. I had dropped quite a bit of weight and I looked tired. I looked like I'd been doing drugs, and honestly... I felt like it too. I felt like I'd started drugs and was suddenly cut off. I feel like an addict without a drug.

"What do you see" he asked unexpectedly.

"Garrett..."

"I won't push you" he said soothingly.

I looked at myself again and figured "what the heck? Why not tell Garrett how much you hate yourself. Maybe then he'll leave you before you have to leave him."

I opened my mouth, spilling out my heart.

"I see a used piece of flesh. I see a girl who stayed quiet too long, only to hurt myself in the end. I see someone who's pretended so long that I've lost who I really am. Actually, I don't even know who I am... All I know is that I'm sick of pretending I'm ok. But now all I am is a messed up, sad, and sick little girl."

He stayed quiet for what seemed like forever. He only squeezed me into a tight hug, kissed me, and rocked us from side to side.

"I wish you could see yourself through my eyes" he whispered.

"How can you see anything else" I asked sadly.

"I wish I had a good answer, but all I can say is that I haven't seen everything you have. I don't know everything you think. I don't know what he, or anyone else, has said to you, so I don't know how to help. I can't comprehend everything you went through, but I can be supportive. You've been through so much, Rachelle, and since you've given up on faking... I can honestly say that I love who you are. You're still so sweet, and so kind, and so loving. After everything you've been through, you're still one of the sweetest people I know. I love you Rachelle."

My tears started ages ago, but hearing him say I love you after all of that was just the icing on the cake. I flung my arms around his neck and sobbed in his arms.

"I love you... so much" I said, trying to keep my voice strong.

"No, baby. I love you."

...

"No. That is the ugliest thing I've ever seen" I said as Garrett walked over with a pink sundress.

"What?! I think it's adorable" he pouts.

"I honestly don't know why I have that. My mom got it like 2 years ago and I've only worn it 3 times" I admit.

"Why only three times? It's so nice."

"Well, first, I don't like soft or bright colours, and second, it reminds me of a child. I'm an 18 year old woman... I don't want people looking at me and finding me attractive in a pink sundress" I said honestly.

"Baby... it matches my shirt. Please" he said as he puffed out his bottom lip.

"I don't like it" I said again.

"Please!! Please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please, please!!! COME ON!"

He flung himself at me as he yelled. He pinned my towel-covered body down and buried his head into my neck as his pleads continued.

"My makeup" I practically screamed.

"You'd look so pretty for me, baby" he said, ignoring my comment.

"My towel's gonna come undone. Get off" I giggled.

"That's ok. I like when you're naked" he smirked, burying his head into my neck again.

"Come on, Mo's literally waiting on us" I whispered.

"He can wait a little longer" he said as he kissed my neck sensually.

"No! Uh uh. We can't. Come on. I'll wear the stupid dress. Give it to me" I said, pushing him off me.

"You'll wear the dress" he asked excitedly.

"Yes... I'll wear the dress" I huffed.

"Yay! You're gonna look great babe" he smiled.

"I hope so" I mumbled.

***

"So, why is everyone dressed so nice" I asked confused as to why we were all dressed preppy.

"That's a surprise" Garrett winked before standing up to speak.