chapter 19

"Hey, adopted children and Yangyang, it's getting dark!" Kun pointed out to everyone after noticing his eyes shifting slightly. "Yeah, I felt it too." Ten mentioned.
"Sicheng, you should go too." Yuta let go of his waist and rubbed his back. Sicheng simply turned around and buried his head into his collar. "I.. I want to stay and spend it with you. This is the last full moon I'll be able to spend with you before I give birth so..."
"So spend it with them, your family."
"you're my family now too." Yuta sighed before agreeing to it.

Yuta held Sicheng's hand and led him to his room instead of outside. "I can look away whilst you transform, I know you don't like others watching it." Sicheng smiled and shook his head. "I want you to see." Sicheng responded, kissing Yuta's lips briefly before stepping away.
"You don't have to do this, you know"
"I know. I still want to." Sicheng let out a few soft laughs "I love you, Yuta."
"I love you too."

Yuta caressed Sicheng's side before Sicheng's heart started to beat faster as he started to transform a bit more.
A few seconds into the transformation, Sicheng began to feel light headed as he fainted and dropped to the floor. The transformation finished after he was unconscious.

"Sicheng? Are you ok?" Yuta asked concerned as he rushed over to Sicheng's side and tried to wake him. "Sicheng..? Please wake up." Sicheng stayed still. A few seconds later, Yuta heard loud barking on the other side of the door along with scratching. Yuta opened the door and recognised the wolves to be Kun, Renjun and Hendery. Yuta quickly let them through.

"He didn't even finish transforming, he just fainted." Yuta explained, watching the three crowd around him and try to wake him. "I'll take him to the hospital, ok?" Yuta held Sicheng around his middle and just as he was about to teleport, Kun growled and barked loudly at Yuta. Yuta froze and the other two lowered their heads and put their tails between their legs as they left the room. "I don't know what you want..." Yuta said quietly. Kun growled at Yuta again and Yuta slowly removed his hands from Sicheng. "What do you want?" Yuta asked again, slightly scared. Kun then sat in front of Sicheng and lowered himself on top of Sicheng as if to protect him from a threat that was Yuta, still growling at him. Yuta looked away "Kun... he isn't well... he fainted whilst transforming... I need to know how to help him..." Yuta looked up at Kun but immediately looked back down after seeing his glare. "I didn't do anything to him if that's what you're worried about." That was exactly what Kun was worried about. "I swear, I wouldn't hurt him. I need to know what's wrong so we can help him. Please, let me take him to the hospital. I just want him to be ok." A few tears ran down Yuta's cheeks as he said the last few words. "Please, Kun. I would never intentionally hurt him. I just want to know he's ok. Please, let me get him looked at." More tears started to fall at the thought of not being able to help Sicheng.

Kun then got off Sicheng and nudged Yuta. "Can I?" Yuta asked, going back over to Sicheng's unconscious wolf body and hugging him. Before Kun nodded, he held onto Yuta's leg. "You can come too." Yuta said before teleporting them to the medical wing at the castle.

"King, What is wrong this late at night?" One of the other doctors asked. "It's a full moon so he was transforming but then he fainted and wouldn't wake up." Yuta explained, referring to Sicheng.
"Oh. We will try our best with him. We will tell you immediately after we know what's wrong." The doctor explained making Kun growl at the doctor. "We're not letting him out of our sight." Yuta said darkly, scaring the doctor a little bit. "C-certainly, my King." The doctor picked Sicheng up and carried him to a room with the other two following close behind.

.

~over an hour later~

.

"Unfortunately we have some bad news." The doctor said, looking down and apologetic. "Tell us!" Yuta demanded. "Erm, he's lost a lot of blood to the hybrids. Because he isn't a vampire himself, he wouldn't naturally drink blood and because he's pregnant with vampire hybrids, he needs it to feed them. They weren't getting the right amount or any blood from Sicheng drinking it so they took it from his body instead... Sicheng has experienced severe blood loss and because he is in his late stages of pregnancy, he won't be able to gain enough blood safely to survive childbirth.... we can either abort the cubs and Sicheng will be ok or we can let Sicheng go through with this pregnancy but he will die whilst giving birth and the hybrids will be very malnourished." The doctor finished explaining. "If you decide to do the first option, I would recommend trying again in 6 months if you decide to try again that is."