•CHAPTER 38•

'The black lake'

---

Cedric was terrible worried. He hadn't see Amora since last night when she was called to Madame Mixime office. Surely he wasn't to worried, she'll be their to support him, and she'll probably be with Fleur charming her nerves.

He deeply wished Amora would be there, or he could catch a quick glimpse of her. But he had no time to look for her because the second task was about to commence.

"Fleur, have you see Amora this morning?" Cedric whispered to the blonde girl.

"No," Fleur whispered back, fear glossing her eyes, "I haven't see Natalia either."

Just then Dumbledore started to announcing the second task, promoting the four champions to wave, Cedric did, although it was quite awkward.

The countdown began, and Cedric pulled out his wand, a 12¼ long, and made from ash, also containing a unicorn hair core. He planned on using the bubblehead charm to find what ever object was missing. Missing. It couldn't be Amora could it?

The boom of the cannon rung threw the air and Cedric quickly casted his charm, driving into the water. It was dark, but clear enough to see, and cold, but bearable. Especially if Amora was down their, he knew he loved her, but he didn't know if she did.

Cedric swam as fast he could, swimming further and further down. First coming across what looked like seaweed. A gut feeling hit his chest like a punch in the gut.

The gut feeling was quickly confirmed when he spotted the mermaids, which didn't look to pleased. The sight of them made Cedric more determined,making him faster. There where four faint shadows in the distance, which made him faster knowing he was close.

As he came closer he official identified the four lifeless bodies, Amora, Natalia, and two of Harry's close friends, Hermione and Ron.

Amora looked so peaceful, her skin a bit paler than normal, and her hair floating in ever direct, which remind him of her hair when she woke up next to him on winter break.

He swam towards her creasing his hand over her cheek, quickly grabbing his wand from his pocket casting a spell that disintegrated the the rope that held her to the seabed floor.

As he grabbed her waist pulling her close to him he caught sight of Harry, which made Cedric point to his wrist miming a watch and mouthing 'time' or the young boy. Which Harry nodded at. And Cedric began to swim back to the surface with Amora Clenching at his chest.

Cedric and Amora broke the surface, gasping for oxygen. Cedric grabbed Amora waist pulling her into a hug.

"I love you," she whispered in his ear, making his heart beat after knowing she loved him.

"I love you too."

They smiled at each other before, Cedric grabbed her hand swimming to the towards the wooded dock. The two teens where pulled out of the water and immediately giving towels and robes, trying to stop them from shivering.

Cedric automatically pulled his off himself draping it over Amora, which Amora didn't like knowing he was cold. So she hugged him trying to warm him up by her sudden warmth from the robes and towels.

"You won Ced," Amora smiled softly.

"Well, you are my treasure. I couldn't leave you down there could I," Cedric smirked.

Her smiled quickly faded once she spotted fleur shivering in her blue robe, but no one with her. Amora immediately walked towards her leaving Cedric trailing behind her.

"What happening? Who did you save?"

"I couldn't get past the grindlylows, Natalia is still down there," Fleur worried, glancing at the water.

Amora eyes shot open wide, allowing a arm to snake around her waist. The arm, of course, belonged to Cedric.

"What wrong Mores?" He asked clearly worried.

"Natalia is still down there, Fleur couldn't save her," Amora mumbled.

"She be ok, Dumbledore wouldn't let anyone get hurt," Cedric whispered into her temple, kiss it in between the sentence.

Amora nodded, watching two more head pop up from the water, them heads belonging to victor Krum and Hermione Granger.

Just in time Natalia and Ron broke the surface, but their was no sign of Harry anywhere. Everyone in the crowd water the water in suspense. Just as most hoped Harry leaped out of water onto the docks, rather dramatically.

"Nat!" Amora ran towards her friend, that was covered in towels.

"You scare me," Amora whispered, pulling her into a tight hug, "I was so scared."

"I'm ok, I'm fine Amora."

"Yeah," Amora breathed.

Many others fawned over her, Amora let them she broke away from them only to see Fleur talking to Cedric.

"You saved my baby sister! Thank you!" Fleur exclaimed, kissing both of his cheeks, and leaving him their.

"Well hello there," Amora smiled, hugging his waist.

"Hey," he mumbled into her hair, inhaling her scent of vanilla and coconut.

"There're announcing who won, you wanna come?"

"Yeah," both leaving hand in hand towards the front of the crowd.

"And the winner is... Cedric Diggory!" Dumbledore yelled.

Making Amora squeal as Cedric picked her up and twirled her Around.

"I love you so much," Amora smiled, "I love you more."

"Not possible."