•CHAPTER 44•

'The third task'

---

The school band has started a stately march, barely audible over the clapping and cheering for the different champions from each school.

Amora along with the other Beauxbaton girl supporting Fleur in their light coloured blue silk above the knee dresses with lighter blue cape with ribbon fastenings, a slightly pointy hat made out of knit felt, along with black shear stockings and white heeled shoes with a defined black pointed toe and black fringe.

Some of Fleur closer friends crowded around her, fussing over her, obviously making her nerves build up. Causing her to fiddle with the zip of her two-piece baby blue tracksuit.

"Fleur if the hedge change use confringo and ballast your way threw," Amora explained, giving Amora a list of defensive spells for different occasions.

Fleur nodded, smearing her sweaty hands on her tracksuit bottoms.

Madame mixime approach Fleur automatically making all the other girls around her step aside. Amora the only one by her sister side.

"Come on dear," Madame mixime exclaimed in her heavy french accent miss pronouncing a few words wrong.

Amora hug her sister tightly, whispering in her ear, "be safe."

Fleur nodded, being pulled away from her sister by her head mistress towards the other three champions.

Amora saw the Beauxbaton girls along side some of their parents sitting on the left side of the wooden makeshift stadium, but the only thing she could concentrate on was the middle section of the statement cover in student with red and yellow face paint on, obviously supporting Cedric and Harry.

Amora automatically caught the sight of Amos and Maria Diggory, sitting among some other adults pleasantly making conversations which made Amora lips curl into a smile, knowing how proud and supportive Cedric's parents are.

Suddenly McGonagall step towards the group of four champions whispering something to them that no one around them could make out.

Fleur walking forwards first alongside Amora and her mother closely behind her, then Krum's and his mother and father, followed by Harry's and his 'step in parents' the weasleys and lastly Cedric parents holding his son shoulders walking behind him.

Amora turned her head to face her beloved boyfriend giving him a look that made him heart beat faster, her dimples showing and her nose crunched up.

Cedric mouthing 'I love you' before being interrupted by professor Dumbledore.

"Earlier today, Professor Moody placed the triwizard cup deep within the maze. Only he knows it exact position. Now, as Mr Diggory and Mr Porter tied for first place, they will be the first to enter the maze, following by Mr Krum and Miss Delacour."

Amora squeezed her mothers hand.

"The first to touch the cup will be the winner. I've instructed the staff to patrol the preimeter. Should, at any point, a contestant wish to withdraw from the task, he or she need only to send up a red sparks with their wand. Contestants! circle up!"

Cedric, Harry, Krum and Fleur former a circle around Dumbledore as they began a quiet conversation between them, before the gathered at their entrance, "prepare yourself champions!"

Cedric was hugging by his father, then his mother, before pulling away catching sight of Amora; causing Amora to quickly walk up to him pulling his tall figure down to kiss her sweetly on the lips. Holding the kiss for a few seconds before pulling away from each other.

"I love you," Amora smiled, "I love you more."

Amora smiled shaking his head, while Cedric straighter up her blue felt hat that was resting on her golden hair, slowly lowering his palm of his hand onto Amora's cheek slowly creasing it while leaning hid forehead against hers.

"I'll be back soon love," Cedric whispers, looking deeply into her emerald green eyes.

amora nodded in agreement, watching her boyfriends walking towards the champions and stand in between Krum and Harry.

amora look at her sister giving her a smile as her and her mother took a seat in a separate stand from the Diggory's.

"on the count of three. one-"

Dumbledore was cut off by the cannon, Filch shrugging his shoulders as the Headmaster put his head in his hands, gesturing for Cedric and Harry to enter the maze.

Cedric sent Amora one last smile as the hedges grew over his entrance and blocking him from view.

A few minutes later, the cannon went again and Viktor entered the maze, him too being obscured from view as the walls blocked him from view.

Fleur waved at her sister by her entrance, before the cannon went off the third time. Sheena was sitting next to Amora, "Elle va bien, chérie."

The last champion disappeared from view as the cheer carried on, Amora doubted that they could hear, guessing that the maze was enchanted to block sound.

Sheena taking Amora's hand, the two of them settling in for what was about to be the worst hours of all of their lives.