| 32 | trahison

I expected Theo to slander Varos in public interviews

However, he's been radio silent these past couple of weeks.

Despite the board's unanimous decision to discharge him until further notice, I proposed the company refrains from making hasty decisions until we analyze Theo's performance at the UEFA Champions League.

The annual football competition always occurs during a season when our product sales drastically increase based on his impressive performances.

His football team making it to the Finals at the FIFA World Cup also helped Varos generate a lot of profit.

Regardless of Theo's past mistakes, he's been the perfect bridge to help Varos appeal to our targeted demographic.

Much to Mr. Ricardo's dismay, my persistence paid off because the board of directors agreed to give their final verdict after the UEFA Champions League.

However, discussions about finding a replacement were still in the open in case Varos ends up officially cutting ties with Theo.

To top it off, Stalon's birthday has been preoccupying my thoughts.

Coming up with his birthday gift has proven to be difficult.

Hence, I've had to recruit Yara's assistance to get him a sentimental gift he'd find memorable.

Despite their weird dynamic, Yara decided to put her loath for Stalon aside and help.

Convincing Yara to accept Stalon's birthday invitation also proved to be challenging but she ultimately caved.

Knowing the event is hosted at a superyacht, Yara and I arrive on board in the afternoon just before the boat prepares to sail.

My first impression of the luxurious yacht is its stunning exterior features with its design crafted to perfection. Its length has to be more than 50 meters long given how it expands across the open lake majestically.

Yara and I chose a casual look for the occasion.

She's dressed in a beige party dress as she styled her hair in wavy layers whereas I added caramel highlights to my chestnut voluminous curls.

My rose gold backless mini dress complements my transparent strap heels.

"I think I'm gonna throw up," Yara gags once we arrive at the cockpit after passing security guards.

I forget she's seasick.

I stare at her in empathy, "Just pretend like we're in a building or something."

She throws me a dumbfounded expression, "That's easy for you to say."

As I observe the interior design in awe, I'm certain the boat's innovation is a recent model.