| 37 | vérité

This chapter is dedicated to SaumiyaRajendran for always supporting the story and making me smile with your comments <3

My feet drag me to the premises of ReadySet the next day morning.

With dry lips and heavy eyelids, I trudge to the nearest elevator I can find to reach the top floor.

Regardless if he's in a meeting, I've reached my boiling point.

Throughout last night, I couldn't sleep as I kept pondering on detective Landford's words.

As evidence, he only provided Ludovic's flight tickets to Seattle and their dates.

Despite the insufficient proof, I still intend to face Ludovic.

This is all just a nightmare I desperately wish to wake up from.

Once I reach my destination, I make a beeline towards his office.

Thankfully, there are no receptionists to give me a headache, unlike the last time.

Immune to all stares, I increase the speed of my steps leading me to his office.

Through the transparent office door, I watch Ludovic shake hands with some businessmen.

All I see is red as I burst open his office door enough to draw their attention in an instant.

Bewilderment overtakes Ludovic's face upon recognizing me.

"Anaya?" he remarks in puzzlement.

My cold gaze doesn't dissipate regardless of the other gentlemen in the room.

"We need to talk," my voice is glacial causing Ludovic's facial expression to turn somber.

It's not until the men exit the office seconds later that I realize Ludovic instantly ushered them out of the room so we can have some privacy.

He destroys all distance between us to halt in front of me.

His ocean eyes examine me in alert almost like they're trying to uncover something far beyond reach.

"You never come here unless it's urgent," Ludovic begins in a low tone, "what's going on?"

He clasps my arms and for a second, I almost forget my reason for being here.

My body instantly responds to his touch; his rubs enough to be a distraction.

Upon recalling my previous conversation with Detective Landford, I wrench my arms from his clutch.

"I'm tired of being kept in the dark," I begin abrasively, "I'm tired of the lies and the damn inconsistencies so I need you to tell me the truth. . ."