| 09 | tendu

A N A Y A

A N A Y A

Getting Theo to give his autograph to secure my deal with the CEO of Kevlov wasn't as hard as I expected.

But knowing his fans tend to boost his ego, it's of no surprise Theo was on board.

Throughout the day, all I can think about is the decision I made to go to dinner with Roman.

I was under the impression he would think twice to send me a message knowing I blocked him a year ago.

But I was surprised to see his text last night as soon as I unblocked his number.

He didn't waste time asking me out again to which I complied.

I can barely remember the last time I went out on a date like this.

Since the date is scheduled for tonight, there are a few things I intend to handle before then.

One of them being my meeting with Cohen and Ludovic regarding the latest updates on the investigation.

After our heated argument, I was more than convinced Ludovic would give up on assisting me with the investigation.

But it's far from the case.

By the time I arrive home, they show up at my place minutes later.

I anticipated Ludovic's continuous state of vexation towards me after our heated conversation at the business event.

Well, it was more like a yelling match than a conversation, to be frank.

The minute Ludovic steps into my living area, there are no visible traces of emotions on his face.

His face is stoic. His aura; dark and unapproachable.

He doesn't even acknowledge my presence.

I roll my eyes.

Like he has the right to be mad when I'm the one who should be infuriated at this point.

He can give me the silent treatment for all I care.

"Anything new?" Ludovic asks Cohen.

"I was able to trace Dixon's IP address thanks to a public server he used not too long ago," Cohen responds as his concentration is fixated on the laptop, "even if I couldn't decipher much of his digital footprint, I managed to trace an anonymous email he sent months ago which could be of use,"

My brows furrow.

Who the heck is Dixon and why am I just hearing about him now?

I end up voicing my thoughts.

"I've had my suspicions of my PA after Theo's mugshots were leaked anonymously," Ludovic responds stoically without meeting my gaze.

A surge of annoyance creeps into my veins.