| 24 | tension

This chapter is dedicated to honey_reader_A for always supporting my story

This chapter is dedicated to honey_reader_A for always supporting my story. It means the world to me <3

Yara's words summon a scowl on my face.

An indirect free-kick?

How could the referee do this to Italy?

At this point, Italy's team players all stare at the referee in shock as some raise their hands to clutch their hair in exasperation.

The commotion drags for what seems like hours as nobody saw this coming.

However, the referee ignores the complaints as he urges everyone to get into position.

Minutes pass before the injured player rises from the ground with the help of his team players.

"That is so unfair," Tatianna exclaims.

I'm just hoping the Netherlands doesn't score a point.

Once the majority of players encircle Italy's penalty area, it is now up to a player from the opposing team to score.

Some Italian players help their goalkeeper guard the net.

As soon as the referee blows the whistle, the striker shoots the ball with great force sending it into a spinning madness.

Everyone watches in alertness as the ball catapults towards the net but not before bulldozing players; knocking them to the ground one by one like a bowling ball striking its pins.

Once a goal is announced, the devastation in Italy is heartwrenching.

While players from the Netherlands begin their brief moment of celebration, Theo and the rest of his team players seem frozen in time as they refuse to believe the scores have now been equalized.

Despite everything, a part of me is expecting Italy to win if they're able to project their frustration onto the game and not piss the referee off.

But that never happens.

During the second half of the match, it's as if Italy has mentally checked out of the game.

Netherland players have a higher ball possession compared to the first half of the match.

Theo seems to be carrying his team since he's one of the few players still giving it his all.

Since neither team has managed to score a goal thus far, many believe a tiebreaker is going to be announced with only two minutes left until the match is over.

But once Siam Lars scores a goal at the very last seconds of the match, all hell breaks loose.

Desolation turns into rage as the Italians refuse to believe they lost to the Netherlands.