| 04 | retrouvailles

"LUDOVIC"

"LUDOVIC"

Disoriented, I utter his name like an ancient prayer as the rate at which my heart's currently beating could require some medical attention.

Never in a million years did I expect him to insert himself back into my life, so unexpected and unannounced.

As I'm frozen on the spot, it seems my legs have lost their ability to move because his piercing gaze can only shatter me as well as ignite an old feeling I didn't know I've been suppressing until now.

It's not until he trudges towards my direction that I take it upon myself to examine his features for the first time in years.

How is it his presence still has the power to destabilize me to the very core after all these years?

Upon clenching my left hand, I realize my palms have become so unreasonably sweaty.

Dammit!

Each slow approaching step he takes towards me adds more to the reality and dreadfulness of the situation.

He emanates an aura of power and rigidness once he comes to an abrupt halt in front of me. Moreover, his dominating tall figure causes me to swing my head upwards to meet his gaze.

The scent of his cologne triggers my current dizzy state of mind as the tension between us is maddening.

If I thought he was attractive in the past then I don't know what to make of how he looks now because he manages to uphold his breathtaking appearance if not to a higher degree.

His locks which used to be of a caramel colour have changed to a darker shade of brown. Some of his strands also manage to fall from his slicked back hair to each side of his square shaped face thereby soliciting a dangerous and mysterious edge to his look.

And gosh, don't even get me started with his stubble which was barely visible in college and has now managed to spread across his chin and cheek adding a new level of maturity to his facial features.

All in all, I think it's safe to say he is drop-dead-gorgeous.

But he doesn't need to know that.

"No ice with that scotch?" It's official, I'm more or less likely to combust if my heart rate doesn't decelerate right this instant.

Hearing his voice up close causes me to desert all sense of rationality as I'm unable to form a coherent thought at the moment.

It doesn't help Ludovic's cold eyes are of an ocean blue and all I seem to do whenever I breathe is drown in them.

Once I recall how he didn't hesitate to break me while I was down drives me to regard him with a callous indifference.

"What the hell are you doing here?" I ask coldly.

He diverges his gaze from the glass cup in my hands to meet my gaze before he tightens his jaw.