| 18 | vengeance

L U D O V I C

L U D O V I C

Blood boils through my veins.

At the mansion, all I can think about is how much of a disaster the club was.

Red is all I see as my chest keeps heaving up and down in great intensity.

Not even the roaring flames of the fireplace come close to depict the internal hell I'm experiencing.

"You're okay?" Stalon asks through the darkness; the fireplace being the only source of light in the room, "you haven't said a word throughout the ride home."

As I take erratic breaths, the glass cup disposed on the metallic tray is the only thing that seems to cloud my vision.

In the split of a second, I snatch the glass before hurling it through the wall.

Unfazed, I witness its fate rapidly come to an end as small pieces of shattered glasses race to the carpeted floor.

"Jesus Christ Vic!" Stalon raises his voice but this does nothing to tame the beast within.

Loud stomps resonate through the walls of the mansion.

"Is everything alright Mr. Delmore?" The housemaid inquires in a frightened tone minutes later before rushing towards the mess I created.

"Clean this mess," I order without throwing her a glance.

"Yes sir." she accedes.

Once she briefly exits the living room, I serve myself a much-needed glass of whiskey, ignoring my pounding headache.

"Vic, put your pride aside and talk to her tomorrow," Stalon suggests.

I chuckle sardonically.

"Please. . .we both know she's incapable of communicating," I spit as I twirl the drink in my hand, "one day she's fine and the next she turns into this freaking ice block. . .God I hate her."

Stalon takes approaching steps towards me and halts a few feet away, where I can see him.

"I know she can be a pain to deal with but if there's one person who has the power to break her walls, it's you."

His words fall on deaf ears as I chug my drink to contain the boiling rage within.

"I'll make that DeVito guy ever regret the day he was born," I snarl in a deadly tone after finishing a shot, "actions have consequences."

If it were up to me, the guy would've been sent to the hospital by now after knocking the living shit out of him.

But as always, Stalon managed to de-escalate the situation and suggested we step out of the club to smoke a cigar.

Seeing her with him at the club was one thing but bearing witness to their discussions after they stepped out of the club summoned the beast within.