| 07 | abattu

"I heard you're willing to expand your company in Malaysia, Ms

"I heard you're willing to expand your company in Malaysia, Ms. Kashmir,"

The CEO of Keklov (a powerful brand marketing agency) sips his wine before continuing, "For my subsidiaries in Malaysia to go the extra mile to collaborate with Varos, you must of course give me something in return."

With a blank face, I anticipate what he's going to say next.

Days prior, I had Vanna do background research on the guy to anticipate the outcome of our conversation.

Based on what I discovered, his teenage son is a huge fan of Theo DeVito as well as his soccer club.

As I savor the dark fruit flavors of my Cabernet Sauvignon, I choose my next words wisely.

"I heard your son is passionate about football," I begin strategically, "and from my recollection, he seems to be a big fan of Theo DeVito who happens to be our brand endorser."

He chuckles as he shakes his head, "I see you've done your homework."

"Then I assume an autograph from Theo DeVito and access to his elite training camp would make your son happy," I affirm as I swirl the wine glass, "And given how your son is an aspiring athlete, I'm sure the training camp will expose your son to premier league managers who can help further his career."

The following thirty seconds are some of the longest of my life.

He pretends to consider my offer before he extends his hand to me, "It's a pleasure doing business with you, Ms. Kashmir."

With a victorious smile, I shake his hand.

This deal is the perfect bridge Varos needs to access the Asian Market.

Once our conversation ends, I end up chatting with some presidents of some of the world's biggest sports organizations.

Throughout the night, I entertain more conversations than I can count to the point where my stomach ends up growling.

Leave it to me to forget to eat a good meal before attending a proactive event like this.

Luckily, a caterer shows up just in time to offer me some of the most delicious entrees and desserts I've ever tasted.

As I savor my dumpling, my eyes travel only to encounter a familiar pair of blue pools.

Ludovic who's in the company of Stalon and other businessmen ceases to disrupt our fervent eye contact.

I don't know why I'm surprised to see him at an event like this when his attendance is inevitable.

Since our companies are involved in the sports industry, it goes without saying we're likely to run into each other at events like this in more ways than one.

Over the past week, I've been drowning in work and based on our brief exchanged text messages, I'm guessing the same can be said for him.

No matter how hard I try to suppress the feeling of disdain upon recalling him and Tatianna's interaction at his company days ago, nothing seems to be working.