| 10 | frissons

I've always considered myself to be a very confrontational person

But throughout these past few weeks, I've been avoiding Seattle like the plague.

Thanks to my business trips that required me to travel to China and Singapore, my personal life became the least of my concern.

Once I returned to Seattle, all I've been doing is bury myself in more loads of work.

With the Fifa World Cup nearing, the need to perfect Varos' new sportswear collection has been at the top of my priorities.

"Madam Chair, OneLife just publicly declared they want a ten-year sponsorship deal with Theo DeVito." Vanna announces in apprehensiveness once she steps into my office.

"The CEO stated he would offer DeVito 60 million dollars if he chooses to turn over to them. So, what should I tell the public relations team for tonight's press conference?"

I curse under my breath.

That idiotic good for nothing moron.

OneLife. Also known as one of the world's biggest sports brands' has been Varos' major competitor since day one.

Although they established themselves years before us, tensions between the CEO and I arose the moment Varos became a global threat.

Since Theo has largely contributed to the boost of our sales throughout the years, Varos made a higher gross profit than OneLife last year.

Ever since they've convinced some of our major clients to switch over to them as soon as their contracts with Varos expired.

And now that Theo's contract is soon to end, OneLife is going after him like a pack of hungry wolves after many predictions all narrow down to Italy winning this year's World Cup again.

Sulking in a deep breath to control my temper, I address Vanna calmly, "The press only has to know that OneLife is full of shit. We can't make any public confirmations until Theo officially signs his contract renewal with us."

Vanna bobs her head animatedly whereas I remain neutral.

Since working under pressure is what I do best, such scandals never get to me the slightest.

"Also, call Theo's agent to make sure the deal is still on. If he's having second thoughts, immediately transfer the call to me and I'll take it from there."

"I'm on it," Vanna affirms before she prepares to exit the room.

A light knock on the door is enough to capture my attention.

Upon shifting my gaze towards the door, the familiar figure of the person I've been trying to avoid comes into sight.

Tatianna who is stood in front of my office wears an apprehensive look upon seeing me.