| 05 | âme sombre

AFTER MY ENCOUNTER with Ludovic, I was ready to call it a day

His presence has left me on edge to the point where the first thing I intend to do once I'm home is drown myself in a bottle of wine.

How am I going to function properly from now when his new company is just a twenty minutes walk away from mine?

Suck it up Anaya, you've dealt with far worse.

By the time I arrive home, the familiar sound of a faint meow inclines me to crouch down before spreading my arms in the dark atmosphere. Shortly afterwards, a creature is positioned between my fingers and I lift its small body in my arms once I revert to an upright position.

As I rummage my fingers through the cat's white fur out of routine, it purrs in response like it usually does, which has the power to help me temporarily forget about my current state of anxiousness.

Coming home every night to a cat who's always enthusiastically awaiting your return is one of the few highlights of my day.

Through the darkness, I'm able to detect a glimpse of light emitted from the main living area as it spreads dimly through the dark halls.

My eyebrows furrow.

I always ensure the lights of the house are off before going to work every morning. Therefore, there shouldn't be a reason for them to be on at the moment.

"Lights on," I command after taking slow steps into the open spaced living area. Right on cue, all the lights of the room remotely turn on as soon as the sound detector recognizes my voice.

As I continue to pet my cat, I take it upon myself to scan the place out of habit.

Part of the reason why I recently decided to move into this open modern themed mansion is due to its unconventional interior design and its isolation from the city, rendering it close to nature.

Additionally, I wanted a house that displayed as much space as possible which can explain the tall ceilings of the house and the countless glass doors which provide an outlook of the spacious terrace where the infinity edge pool is located.

For someone who enjoys their own company, living by myself doesn't feel lonely at all because I've always been a closet introvert and after a long day of interacting with many people, going home to myself is liberating and somewhat therapeutic.

The sudden yowl the cat makes induces me to carry him in a vertical way before positioning his tiny head in front of my face, "I know, I'll get you some food just let me clean your litter first." I coo but his cries magnify more and more by the second.

He can be so impatient sometimes.

The idea of having a maid always felt like a foreign idea to me. Indeed, the thought of someone cleaning up my mess has never sat well with me, especially when said person would have access to every intimate space of my house when I'm not around.