LOUDER THAN BOMBS

HOSPITAL. 11.45 PM.

Nearly 4 hours have passed. I was sitting in one of the rows of empty chairs with puffy eyes, red nose and languid bowed face. Waiting for news from the ICU.

Shortly thereafter, the red light went out. The ICU door opened, it appeared that the medical team began to scatter out. One of the doctors approached me and sent me to his room.Arriving at the room. The middle-aged doctor invited me to sit down, while he cleaned himself and took a bunch of paper.

"Mrs. Kim, your husband has undergone major surgery on his leg bone which fractured quite badly. Fortunately, it did not have to be amputated. This was due to something heavy running over your husband's leg. Most likely it was a car tire", he explained.

"Then how is the condition of my husband at this time, Doctor?" I asked worriedly.

There was a short pause, while taking the X-Ray photo of Taehyung's leg which was shown to me, "This is the fracture that Mr. Kim experienced, this is the part of the bone that is broken. Where the ligament that connects the bone to the joint of your husband's leg is shifted. So that later Mr. Kim will move. Difficulty walking upright. Because the left leg is not able to hold the body perfectly as before. Most likely the right leg will be more of a support. This disability will be permanent, Mrs. Kim, "he said.

I was so shocked, I couldn't even speak. This must be a nightmare for Taehyung.

"Even after the operation is done my husband's leg will not be able to return to normal Doctor? Is there any other way? Please Doctor", my tears began to drip.

"Even though the therapy is going to be quite difficult, Mrs. Kim. It takes a very long time and costs a lot. I don't think it's the main option to consider. Because there is no guarantee that it will be able to go back to normal. Now let's focus together for Mr. Kim's recovery. If there is another option, then I'll let you know ", looking at me with pity.

I wiped my tears that were still falling, "O ... OK Doctor. Thank you for saving my husband's life", trying to smile and get out of the room.

"Mrs. Kim So Hyun, your husband Mr. Kim Taehyung has been transferred to VIP room number 30 on the 3rd floor", one of the nurses approached me.

I just nodded weakly, "Thank you".

My footsteps feel heavy. My lungs are running out of oxygen. My vision is a little blurry. Somehow I will explain to Taehyung about destiny which he should know soon. It is no longer a matter of pain that he is experiencing. It was more than a matter of pain in his body. More than that.

How about his future as a Model Kim?

My hand opened the doorknob, I saw his face was so peaceful sleeping asleep. My body felt so limp that I slumped my body down, sat crouched and leaned against the door. Crying for the umpteenth time. But the cry this time was really the hardest to endure. Seeing how my husband lay weak in bed without knowing anything. If only .... wish I could hide this harsh reality from him.

 wish I could hide this harsh reality from him