🐺 This Can't Be Real - Part 3

Like some weird form of deja vu, I woke up the next morning in Siyeon's room to see her sitting in the corner watching me all over again. Except this time my previous memories had returned to my mind instantly. To say I was overwhelmed and confused would be an understatement.

Once I had properly woken up, Siyeon took the time to sit down and explain everything to me. She told me that the supernatural is real. Vampires and werewolves exist in the real world, not just in movies and books. That fact alone took me a while to wrap my head around. Her and Yoohyeon are werewolves and Jiu is a vampire (apparently Jiu betrayed her own coven and risked her life to join Siyeon's pack because she fell in love with Yoohyeon).

After that, Siyeon talked me through the past two nights, helping me understand the events that went down. According to her, the reason I was convinced to drink the drugged alcohol Landon offered me at the party was because vampires have the ability to compel humans. When I looked into his eyes, my actions were no longer voluntarily and fell victim to his command. I soon found out that was also why I couldn't remember anything the next morning, after Siyeon reluctantly told me that she had Jiu compel me to forget what happened that night. She also admitted that, since I'm her mate, she has the ability to read my thoughts (which admittedly made me incredibly embarrassed remembering back to all the things I thought about when she was around).

The entire time Siyeon was admitting all of this to me, she seemed very apologetic. I could tell she felt guilty for lying to me about everything. Even though it did hurt after finding out the truth, I eventually started to understand why she hid it from me. All she wanted to do was protect me and she thought hiding this world from me was the way to do that. But once she realized that was no longer the answer, she finally told me the truth.

It took me a while to come to terms with everything. Siyeon gave me plenty of space and allowed me as much time as I needed to think everything through. As much as it shocked me to find out that she had killed those 3 guys, I knew her way of living was a lot different than mine. I mean, she was literally half wolf, so I couldn't exactly call her a 'murderer'. Especially since she did it to save my life. If she hadn't killed them, they were going to kill me. It was just a scary thought to accept. The reality of vampires and werewolves existing in our world was a lot less glamorous and a lot more terrifying than most stories made it out to be.

I almost wondered if I would've been better off not knowing. There's no way I could look at Siyeon the same. But, in the same sense, I finally knew who she was. Or at least a major part of who she was. And, even though it felt like everything I thought I knew about her changed, there was still one thing that remained. She was selfless and would do anything to keep me safe. Because of that, there's no way I would ever fear her. And, the more the days went on without her around me, the more I was beginning to realize I wanted her in my life.

A couple weeks later...

The crowd roared in the bleachers behind me, yet my gaze was cast upwards to the sky above. One of my classmates had convinced me to come to this sports game, insisting that I was spending too much time inside "moping like an angsty teenager who just went through a breakup". I had just laughed it off, thinking that if she knew what I knew she would also need a few weeks to herself just to sit in her thoughts and sort everything out. Although, I eventually humored her, riding along to the game, figuring it would be a nice distraction from my endless contradicting thoughts about a certain black-haired supernatural.

At first, it was working and I actually started to loosen up. Well, until I spotted the very girl who had plagued my mind for the past 2 weeks in the crowd. It made me wonder if she knew I was gonna be here and came to make sure I was safe. Whatever her reason was, seeing her for the first time in what felt like forever made me want to talk to her.