🐤 I Don't Hate You - Sua

Sua x Reader
High school au
Status - Ongoing (3 parts) ⚠️
Warnings ~ angst, bullying, cheating, mentions of homophobia, slurs, death threats, & abusive parents, eventual fluff

This chapter is dedicated to the homie aka burrito_bitch

"Hey!" My head snapped towards the end of the school hallway, searching for the source of the loud outburst. Class had just finished and I was going to talk to my girlfriend before I headed to basketball practice. Although, as I registered who was shouting, I had a feeling something was about to go down.

"Watch where you're going." A relatively short but intimidating girl with long brown hair and a leather jacket seethed. Sua. She was talking to who I now realized was my girlfriend. I knew this wasn't gonna end well, so I quickly rushed over to where they were standing.

"Says the one who ran into me." The tall brunette girl with a cheer outfit on retorted.

Before the other girl could continue the argument, I butted in. "You know, I don't think it matters that much who bumped into w-"

"Oh this is just so typical." The short girl rolled her eyes. "Here you come to defend Olivia when you don't even know what happened." I felt my jaw clench as I tried not to immediately fire back at her.

"And there you go, playing the victim when it was clearly your fault." Olivia replied harshly. Her tone caught me off guard. I had never heard her speak like that to anyone.

"Oh yeah, like you're so innocent." Sua took a step towards the taller girl with an accusatory look in her eyes. "If only your girlfriend knew what you were up to, then maybe she wouldn't see the point in sticking around a deceiving little b-"

"Enough!" I yelled, shocking them both. "Why can't you just leave us alone? You've made it pretty clear that you don't want me in your life, so why do you insist on ruining mine?" I took a deep breath while staring right into her eyes after finally releasing all my anger.

For a moment I could've sworn a look of hurt crossed her face. But just as I started to think that she might actually have a heart, any shred of emotion disappeared from her face. She turned on her heel and began walking away, but before she left completely, she yelled back one last thing: "Remember, this is what you asked for. Don't come crawling back to me when she breaks your heart." Then, just like that, the door closed behind her and we were both left in complete silence.

If what just happened had occurred a year ago, I might've actually heeded her words. Believe it or not, Sua was my best friend from elementary school all the way up until the summer before senior year. That's when we had our falling out. Or at least that's the last time I remember her talking to me. The whole thing is still so confusing.

Up until that summer, we were so close. Sua was the type of friend that I could tell everything. We spent more time with each other than we did with our families. Our bond was so tight, I thought it would never break. That is, until she became hateful towards me.

I still wonder every single day what I did wrong. What did I do to make her distance herself from me? Why did she decide all the sudden that she hated me? Nothing drastic happened that summer. I was away most of the time at a training camp, but I still tried to keep in contact with her.

Gradually, she stopped answering my texts and calls. At first I didn't think anything of it. I figured she was busy at work. Her parents have very strict rules and were big on morals. More conservative morals. On the other hand, Sua practically came out of the womb breaking rules. It was in her nature to challenge authority and live on the wild side. That's one of the things I loved about her. But, it's pretty obvious that her behavior never went over well with her family.